Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iPhoto Razr Photo Transfer

iPhoto Razr Photo Transfer
tbs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2006, 01:25 PM

I have a Razr V3 and an iBook that runs Tiger and I've managed to sync them using a USB cable. Question: is it possible to transfer photos from iPhoto to my Razr? I've tried emailing photos to my Razr but the message always arrives without the attached photo. Any ideas?

iREZ
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2006, 05:56 PM

i use the bluetooth feature in my 12" powerbook and bluetooth file exchange in the utilities folder for all my transfers. if you have bluetooth, this might be a way to do so :shrug:
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

tbs  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2006, 11:44 AM

I've tried using bluetooth and have never been able to set it up.

Jens Peter
Senior User
Mar 25, 2006, 12:18 PM

Enable bluetooth on your iBook, and on your V3. Search for bluetooth devices, and follow the guide. Afterwards, use the icon located next to the clock, and select 'Browse Device'. This works here using my powerbook and a V620. (I use it with iSync too.... )

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2006, 02:08 PM

i bluetooth pics from and homemade ringtones to my razr from my powerbook all the time;
definitely follow the prompts in setting up the device (the razr) from the bluetooth sys pref;
make sure bt is on on the phone!

works great (and i can archive my razr pics on my palm this was as well...nice).
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

tbs  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2006, 10:08 AM

When I go into the applications/utilities folder and click on the Bluetooth File Exchange application I get this:
"No Bluetooth Hardware Found. In order to use this application, you must have a Bluetooth module. Please verify that your Bluetooth hardware is properly attached to the computer."
The only option it gives me is to quit.

That's as far as I get. Is there something I'm missing.

joe
Mac Elite
Mar 26, 2006, 04:14 PM

It sounds like your iBook either doesn't have Bluetooth, or doesn't have it enabled. You can find out by clicking the Blue Apple in the top left and "About this Mac." Then click "More info..." You should see a Bluetooth heading near the top under Hardware. Click on that. It will show if you have Bluetooth on-board even if it is disabled.

If disabled, you can enable it in the System Prefs. If you don't have on-board Bluetooth, there are plenty of small USB plug-in bluetooth modules available at OWC or elsewhere.

FWIW, I'm in a similar situation. I have G5 Tower and a black RAZR from Cingular. My Tower doesn't have BT so I made the mistake of buying a RAZR USB cable - DON"T DO THIS. All it does is sync address and phone numbers from the RAZR (OK, it does charge the phone slowly over USB too). But the only way to get at the photos is BT.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 26, 2006, 05:56 PM

D-Link DBT-120 is the hot-ticket bluetooth adapter. And it's the only adapter Apple recommends.

if you need to get one, that is.

(BT headset pairing works only with this particular adapter)
ice

pyn
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 27, 2006, 09:30 PM

AFAIK only sony ericsson phones have this features.. razrs pretty much suck. horrible camera. lg screen but horrible resolution. messed up functionality [no mounting in the finder wtf?!].. my advice: get a SE phone or just DRAGG and drOp from BTFE to iphoto. you might not want them since the quality is so bad -_-

ghporter
Administrator
Mar 27, 2006, 09:51 PM

Gee, pyn, I bought my RAZR for use as a phone, not another computer...

And Motorola's OS is only supported directly by its own application, Mobile Phone Tools, which is a Windows-only app. I think it's great that the phone works with iSync, and you can Bluetooth pictures back and forth, but without direct support from Motorola, there's a lot you WON'T be able to do in terms of using it as a "computer-lite."

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 29, 2006, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by pyn
AFAIK only sony ericsson phones have this features.. razrs pretty much suck. horrible camera. lg screen but horrible resolution. messed up functionality [no mounting in the finder wtf?!].. my advice: get a SE phone or just DRAGG and drOp from BTFE to iphoto. you might not want them since the quality is so bad -_-

too bad your SE doesn't have a 1" diameter circular hole through the center of it. unless you've modded yours already?

ice

Forum Links
Forum Rules