Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Macbook Pro graphics cards.

New Macbook Pro graphics cards.
Kelvasco
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2007, 12:44 PM

Hey, ave just seen on engadget.com that nvidia have released two new mobile graphics cards. The GeForce 8600M and 8400M, it says that htey have been released to manufacturing such as HP and hopefully Apple. I was wondering if any of you thought that maybe one of these will end up in the Macbook Pro, maybe sometime this summer. Cheers Kël.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 9, 2007, 01:03 PM

Apple's pretty tight-lipped on their products. We'll just have to wait until WWDC or Macworld to see what they announce.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 9, 2007, 01:13 PM

I'd expect to see an underclocked 8600M in the MBP if they go nVidia... I haven't seen much info about the mobile versions of ATi's upcoming R630, but that is another potential option.

tavin64
Forum Regular
May 10, 2007, 04:10 AM

My friend works at the apple store and he said new MBP revision shipping next week. The retail stores have stopped receiving new shipments of mbps for about a week now. What he doesnt know is if its going to be centrino pro or centrino duo platform. But I highly doubt apple will be going for centrino pro with any macbook.

RogueSqdn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2007, 05:03 AM

That's the first actual word that sounds reliable... I'll call the closest store today and see what I can wiggle out of them.
Rogue
-------

MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/2GB DDR2 RAM & Logitech BT MX1000.
"I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, makes you stronger!" -- Emperor Palpatine, Revenge of the Sith

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 10, 2007, 12:35 PM

I don't see Apple going for Centrino Pro... it's mostly centralized management features for the enterprise, which Apple doesn't seem too interested in.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
May 10, 2007, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
I don't see Apple going for Centrino Pro... it's mostly centralized management features for the enterprise, which Apple doesn't seem too interested in.
Leopard Server says differently. I'm betting on Centrino Pro for the MacBook Pro (I mean, come on, "Pro"?!) and standard Centrino for the MacBook. Intel's borrowing Apple's marketing team.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

RogueSqdn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2007, 04:46 PM

No luck with the Apple store (Charlotte), but I CAN tell you that the CompUSA in Greensboro (the local and closest reseller) is out of stock of 15 inch MBPs (they have at least one 17 inch in stock, going by the website). I talked to them and they checked on the 15 inch ones too.

EDIT: Here's a check of the various MB's and MBP's stock availability at the Greensboro, NC CompUSA.

1099 MB - Y
1299 MB - Y
1499 MB - N
1999 MBP - N
2499 MBP - N
2799 MBP - Y
Rogue
-------

MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/2GB DDR2 RAM & Logitech BT MX1000.
"I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, makes you stronger!" -- Emperor Palpatine, Revenge of the Sith

Forum Links
Forum Rules