Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA�

[ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA� (Page 14)
Mike S.
Senior User
Dec 22, 2003, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
Luckily for me I just get to do the fun stuff (well, building an OSX theme is borderline maddening) like graphics and have other people do all the necessary coding.
I've seen screens of Theme Park and and read some of the theme creation discussions around here but I'd like to know how making an OS X theme differs from something like a Kaleidoscope scheme or a Window Blinds theme.

Is it just the sheer number of tiny little resources that you have to account for? What's a rough number resource comparison between Win and OS X?

Seeing as Apple is constantly tweaking the UI you'd think they'd want it to be less of a nightmare themselves.

kidrocky7
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 22, 2003, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
$10 says it will be ported from WB in a week and spreading like wildfire though the PM system...they won't be stopped albeit privately...
someone is gonna port it and if they release a screenshot somewhere in a desktop thread, that person is never gonna be safe again because this sure is gonna be big when it is released with everyone wanting it in a certain version/style.

MorphOSX
Forum Regular
Dec 22, 2003, 05:26 PM

Tomdor:

Ah, that would explain it. I use both WB AND StyleXP (alternate between the two) and since upgrading my vid card, i knew WB rocked hard vs. StyleXP.

Mike S.:

I'm not sure I can be fully complete on an answer for your question, but let me try.

With OS X themes, you have to account for every one of apple's widgets (to give you an idea of the enormity of this, figure that for each color variation of, say, push buttons, you have at least 3 different resource entries, and some widgets get upwards of 20+ different resource entries for that single item. And for each resource entry, you can have any number of variations that are used by the OS), which makes the creation process arduous at best, since you have to match colos, design widgets and make them look right together, and get the masks right...

I'm sure that windows themes use pretty much the same kinds of resources, which make it a time-consuming process as well.

In the end, theming is as much a matter of patience and love of the work as it is a matter of good design...after a while the sheer number of elements that yo uhave to keep track of can become daunting, even frightening.

Dave

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2003, 05:44 PM

$10 says it will be ported from WB in a week and spreading like wildfire though the PM system...
Well there will always be pirates :/ Honestly though, it won't be translatable into an accurate port in anything other than WB so why would anybody bother when they could just wait a wee bit longer and get the official version?

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2003, 06:37 PM

Well this should be interesting to see screen-shot comparisons of the Mac and XP versions.
I can't wait to make my own matching desktops too.
click one

Groovy
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2003, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by Kujo:
but there is a free little haxie called free shade
do you have a link? goggle found nothing even close. it is actually called

"Free Shade" or "Winshade"

EDIT: ok I found it it is not Free Shade but FreeShade

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 12:18 AM

Originally posted by mrtew:
That sounds great! I don't think I've ever seen another OSX theme take advantage of this capability aside from Aqua clones. Apple built in this amazing feature and then the way they used it themselves just looks like a bug. Those ripples in the Aqua scrollbars are either not noticed by most people or are just perceived as a rendering error or flicker in the display. So sad. I can't wait to see what you've done with it! Does anyone know of any theme that's out now that's got animated scrollbars different from Aqua's?
I just noticed this! Weird..

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

yoyoyo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 01:26 AM

This bbx guy is DRAGGING you all along saying 'next week, next week' for how many months now?

And for what? A freaking theme? Get real.

He is leading you all around by the nose, willing I might add, and everyone is hanging on his every word.

Whatever theme he MAY eventually release it ain't gonna be good enough to this rediculous buildup. And I have my doubts he will ever release anything.

Oh, he can't release it now because of graphics aren't done. And he can't release it next week because SS 1.x has new abilities so he is going to do new graphics for the new features. Then SS 1.2 will soon be released so the theme will be held up even longer.

I've got $50 that says Duke Nukem Forever is released first.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna get flamed. But you know what? I don't care. The fact that many of you will get upset only proves my point.

Yeah, bbx. The reason why it is taking so long is because everyone keeps asking for a date. Put up or shut up. Anything.

You know, I read this thread (cause it was posted on macnn) like 2 months ago and it looked interesting. I still can't believe you people are hanging on this guys every word.

timdorr
Dec 23, 2003, 01:49 AM

$10 says it will be ported from WB in a week and spreading like wildfire though the PM system...they won't be stopped albeit privately...
It's as simple as a SQL query.

SELECT FROM ibf_messages WHERE body LIKE '%omega%' OR body LIKE '%Omega%'

PMs give the illusion of privacy, but it's all in the database for the admins to read. It will be found. Simple as that.

Hobeaux
Dec 23, 2003, 01:53 AM

I can understand your bitterness (youthful exuberance and lack of patience?) but BBX has never said that it was going to be available in a week.

He did say 'soon', but that doesn't mean 'now'.

will it be really cool? most likely.

does it have feature creep? most definitely.

will it be the best thing since sliced bread? well, probably not -- i've personally never used a theme over one day. but maybe this will be the theme that changes that. maybe.

here's to hoping that it's all that and a slice of bread.
damn straight--or on the rocks, i'm not picky.

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 23, 2003, 02:14 AM

Yes, it is taking something of a lifetime, but it will be fabulous when unveiled.

=)

Originally posted by yoyoyo:
This bbx guy is DRAGGING you all along saying 'next week, next week' for how many months now?

He is leading you all around by the nose, willing I might add, and everyone is hanging on his every word.

Whatever theme he MAY eventually release it ain't gonna be good enough to this rediculous buildup. And I have my doubts he will ever release anything.

Oh, he can't release it now because of graphics aren't done. And he can't release it next week because SS 1.x has new abilities so he is going to do new graphics for the new features. Then SS 1.2 will soon be released so the theme will be held up even longer.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna get flamed. But you know what? I don't care. The fact that many of you will get upset only proves my point.

Yeah, bbx. The reason why it is taking so long is because everyone keeps asking for a date. Put up or shut up. Anything.

You know, I read this thread (cause it was posted on macnn) like 2 months ago and it looked interesting. I still can't believe you people are hanging on this guys every word.

derdomi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 07:07 AM

@ yoyo... andyo?
Hellooo, am I missing something?
This guy is sacrificing his time to create a GIFT for all of us, and you are upset?
I hardly can believe that. You know, I can wait more days and weeks and months. And I will hang on his every word.
It's my time, not yours!
You are not patient enough? Then why care after all?
I'm sure this will be a great Theme. It takes some more time to make it even better?
Ok, that's cool with me.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 07:33 AM

Kinda like having your own Carnivore bot. Remind me to never use PM's anymore. Maybe Neowin should post a disclaimer.....

Originally posted by timdorr:
It's as simple as a SQL query.

SELECT FROM ibf_messages WHERE body LIKE '%omega%' OR body LIKE '%Omega%'

PMs give the illusion of privacy, but it's all in the database for the admins to read. It will be found. Simple as that.

benign
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by SwarmyCurve:
Yes, it is taking something of a lifetime, but it will be fabulous when unveiled.

=)
...Or be just another dark theme.

Simple Empire...

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 09:01 AM

That sounds great! I don't think I've ever seen another OSX theme take advantage of this capability aside from Aqua clones. Apple built in this amazing feature and then the way they used it themselves just looks like a bug. Those ripples in the Aqua scrollbars are either not noticed by most people or are just perceived as a rendering error or flicker in the display. So sad. I can't wait to see what you've done with it! Does anyone know of any theme that's out now that's got animated scrollbars different from Aqua's?
I don't know any other theme using this feature.. Actually, I tried recently on one of the themes I'm working on and the result wasn't great.. I'm also very curious of what BBX has done.
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 23, 2003, 10:26 AM

Soooooo... what the heck is happening with BBX? Status update? Real Soon Now�? I'm dying to see it...
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 23, 2003, 11:46 AM

Have I ever said 'next week'?

Yeah, bbx... Put up or shut up. Anything.
Why? Because you said so? You know this all really seems to bother you a bit more than one should normally be bothered... so what's the deal? Strikes me as odd that this is your first post - or is just a first post under a new handle? Curious

Anyways, about my biggest crime with this thread was caving into pressure on 'when when when' with some optimistic guesstimates - something I'm not playing into again.

I just thought I'd let the (then small) MacNN GUI community in on what I've been working on and generate a little buzz for my theme and Shapeshifter (and keep people who might be interested abreast of developments) - - - yet some people seem to see this as some sort of contract on delivery or an excuse to throw baby fits when it's not moving along as quickly as they'd like. To these people I say 'sucks to be you' - I honestly don't care what you think/say/expect in the slightest... and any attempts to dampen the enthusiasm of those who are actually interested is just going to make you the villain, not me. I'm just busting my ass trying to kick out the best black sci-fi kit I can make, and when it comes out I'm sure that those that matter will appreciate the effort that's gone into it - that's all I care about.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 23, 2003, 11:54 AM

youre dead on there BBX. i feel bad that i ever felt obligated to this theme. you dont owe me anything. thanks for the pain and suffering and then releasing the theme to the general public.

yours was post 666, to this thread i might add. wooooooooooooo. meaningless.

slimshady023
Forum Regular
Dec 23, 2003, 01:14 PM

Heh. It's kinda funny seeing everyone get their tighty whities all bunched up over a theme! Don't get me wrong - I dig customizing my mac, but c'mon, it's not like waiting for an OSX-compatible version of Photoshop. Now that was something useful!

The other thing is that there has been 667 posts about this much-anticipated theme... really, how many times can you ask, "how is it coming along?" (Maybe to answer my own question: 666 times?). ha ha.

BBXstudio - I'm sure we'll love your theme when it comes out. But y'never know... it might just suck. It might have poor gradients, shaddows, and could have everyone flocking back to the B00zo posts. However, I look forward to testing it out when you release it. Until then, I think we should all just put a cork in it, and wait for the real post titled, "BBX Theme Released."

FB Eye
Senior User
Dec 23, 2003, 01:22 PM

You know what Billy BBX, I think this thread should be locked for good...

So you won't have to waste your time answering to all these undeserving spoiled brats who think the entire world owes them everything... for free

I say let this thread go and use your time/energy for more productive tasks... this thread has turned into a monster and will soon have more posts than the "Offical Customization..." thread!!!

And by all means, take all the friggin' time you need to release Omega... I can certainly wait, 'cuz I have a family and a life outside of this forum. I can't say that for everyone around here now can I?

Cheers!!!

mrtew
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2003, 01:32 PM

BBX, after reckessly and willfully driving everyone here nutso with your constant talk about the greatest themes the world's ever seen you can't blame someone for snapping every once in a while. Waiting for your themes is worse than waiting for Christmas because at least we know when Christmas will be here. With your themes, it's always soon, but they never arrive. You just keep teasing and teasing and you expect people to just say "take your time" forever without somone calling you out every now and then? We all know you are trying to release your theme one of these days, but I'm starting to suspect you've become such a perfectionist that you actually CAN'T release it. I'd be a lot easier to trust that it's actually coming if not for that last theme you teased everyone with for months and then just quit talking about. We will try to be patient, but please don't act like it's totally unexpected when someone loses it and posts a rant on this endless thread. If you wanted to theme in peace you could have done that easily. We're not going nuts on our own out here; you are the one that's driving everyone crazy.

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 23, 2003, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by slimshady023:
But y'never know... it might just suck. It might have poor gradients, shaddows...
It might But unless I've been deluding myself (and my clients) for years now, I think I've got a handle on stuff like gradients and shadows, hehe. If it sucks it will be an overall style issue I guess, but if you dig that evil Galactic Empire aesthetic you'll dig the theme guaranteed.

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 02:21 PM

Best reply so far. Its a theme everyone, not customized DNA strands from a coke machine.....

Originally posted by FB Eye:

And by all means, take all the friggin' time you need to release Omega... I can certainly wait, 'cuz I have a family and a life outside of this forum. I can't say that for everyone around here now can I?

Dave-o�
Senior User
Dec 23, 2003, 02:32 PM

Way to go FB Eye�!!! I think we might actually have a winner on our hands.. Cheers Bro and if I don't see you around before Christmas.. Have a Merry One!!!

slimshady023
Forum Regular
Dec 23, 2003, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
If it sucks it will be an overall style issue I guess, but if you dig that evil Galactic Empire aesthetic you'll dig the theme guaranteed.
Guaranteed, eh? Guaranteed as in 'Joe Namath' guaranteed, or guaranteed as in 'weapons of mass destruction' guaranteed? heh heh.

Sorry, man. Guarantees are fleeting, overdone, and often misrepresented. Guarantees have been abused so much, they almost need their own lawyer! j/k. I do think you will do a good job, and we're all rooting you on... but whether they match Max and Swizcore's themes is something that only you can prove.

Anyway, have a Merry Christmas, all!

RydDragyn
Dec 23, 2003, 03:41 PM

BBX, after reckessly and willfully driving everyone here nutso with your constant talk about the greatest themes the world's ever seen you can't blame someone for snapping every once in a while. Waiting for your themes is worse than waiting for Christmas because at least we know when Christmas will be here. With your themes, it's always soon, but they never arrive. You just keep teasing and teasing and you expect people to just say "take your time" forever without somone calling you out every now and then? We all know you are trying to release your theme one of these days, but I'm starting to suspect you've become such a perfectionist that you actually CAN'T release it. I'd be a lot easier to trust that it's actually coming if not for that last theme you teased everyone with for months and then just quit talking about. We will try to be patient, but please don't act like it's totally unexpected when someone loses it and posts a rant on this endless thread. If you wanted to theme in peace you could have done that easily. We're not going nuts on our own out here; you are the one that's driving everyone crazy.
John, all you're doing with this post is confirming that you are the theming world's biggest whiner

Anyways, I'm perfectly comfortable with the waiting, so long as it delivers. And when it really comes down to it, Omega is just a theme. I DO have a real life, after all.

arhra
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 04:17 PM

That's given me an idea, actually... i've been mulling over a concept for a while, for a dark-ish/metallic theme with red glowy bits (actually, i want to use some ideas from an old theme i made for windows a while ago [here], in an os x theme, now i've got a mac), and i've just thought of a great way to do the scrollbars...

Dave-o�
Senior User
Dec 23, 2003, 04:33 PM

Arhra.. Looks good.. you might want to start a new thread with a mock-up or 2 for some feed back.. i like your older PC theme.. i would really enjoy seeing what you have in mind for OSX.. Wish you the best!

arhra
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Mike S.:
I've seen screens of Theme Park and and read some of the theme creation discussions around here but I'd like to know how making an OS X theme differs from something like a Kaleidoscope scheme or a Window Blinds theme.

Is it just the sheer number of tiny little resources that you have to account for? What's a rough number resource comparison between Win and OS X?

Seeing as Apple is constantly tweaking the UI you'd think they'd want it to be less of a nightmare themselves.
One of the things that i've noticed that makes it more awkward on OS X is that on windows, for example, a button will be a single image, with margins (which stylebuilder/skinstudio provide a nice graphical interface for setting) that determine which bits are the edges, and which are stretched or tiled for the fill, whereas on OS X, each button cap, and the fill, are all seperate images, so you have to do a bit of extra work to cut your buttons up by hand. This seems to be a constant through out the various resources - on windows, things tend to be a single image for each element, while on OS X, each element is split into several images that are combined to form the element on screen.

Also, msstyles use 32bit .bmp resources (which stylebuilder converts to pngs, since there aren't many editors that can cope with 32bit bmps) for transparent things, which is a bit easier to deal with than OS X's seperate opaque and mask resources.

edit: Dave-o - i'll start a new thread when i've got a bit more to show, atm, all i've got is a few titlebar concepts and a vertical scrollbar

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 08:22 PM

Where did all these newbies that don't know anything come from? Don't you have anything better to do than troll this board?
click one

derdomi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 08:30 PM

@NetworkShadow

me newbie too... but me no troll

@bbx:
I tweaked the teaser-poster in photoshop a little bit to see more details. Brightness and stuff, you know.
Now my question: Is the final theme going to be as dark as the teaser implies? Seems there is much detail lost. At the other hand it looks stylish anyway.
Just because I'm too curious

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 23, 2003, 08:42 PM

One thing this ever-so-boring (but addictive) thread needs now and then is a bitch-slap reply like YoYoYo's.

Sorry, he may be an angry young Gen-Xer, but he has some valid perspectives.

Anyways, who cares? We can judge this creation when it's released.

HoHoHo
SB

yoyoyo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 10:51 PM

I don't care about the theme. I don't care if it is the best thing since the pill.

I am commenting on your LEMMING behavior.

This guy hasn't done anything but drag you all around. Willingly I may add.

I don't care if he ever releases the theme. I am plenty happy with smoothstripes. Which, by the way, I have donated to max. How many of you can say that?

As for calling me a newbie, too funny. You know NOTHING of me other than I have made a single post. Yeah, that makes me a noob.

And sure, he might not of actually SPECIFICALLY said "next week, next week' but generally he has. Well, the few posts that I have read.

honestly, I have read very few of the posts. I read a dozen or so a few months ago and was totally SHOCKED yesterday when it still wasn't released.

And what is even more shocking is all of your attitudes as this guy drags you along. And that some of you are hanging on to every message on this thread.

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 11:02 PM

Yoyoyo...

I have seen the theme. It is real. It has progressed a lot from earlier mockups. It's the biggest, most ambitious theme for OS X ever, with an official windows port, system icons, desktops, widget skins, etc.

And it's going to be free. So now that I can assure you that it is very nearly finished, amazing, gorgeous, etc. etc., can you stop complaining?

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

cloudaj
Forum Regular
Dec 23, 2003, 11:04 PM

this isnt his first theme, his REPUTATION on putting out has a lot to do with it.

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 23, 2003, 11:16 PM

OK, I take it back, YoYoYo is a power-tool.
Dude: get laid, it'll help your 'tude.

SB

fireside
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2003, 11:28 PM

if you have such a big problem with bbx, then just go away. bbx has created awesome works for his clients (go look at his freggin' portfolio if you want to see his work), and although i might not particularly enjoy his other themes, i am awaiting this theme. not because of the hype, but because of that little teaser he put out. i've seen some of his works in real life (of those are his works, heheheh) and they're awesome. i've seen some of his skins and things, and he is a great designer. i've been waiting for this theme because i have seen bill's work. and it is totally awesome. badass. he can do things with pixels you could never dream of. so lay off his back, and just get over yourself. he's doing this for you and me and everyone else on the mac. and when its done, i'm planning on sending him some monaye. if i like it of course.

ps: i never thought i would be defending bbx.

Weezer
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2003, 11:59 PM

seems as if someone forgot to renew their .mac subscription...all the links on his page are broken.

yoyoyo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 24, 2003, 01:27 AM

phillyru, slboett, fireside, I'm NOT complaining about bbx OR the theme.

JESUS PEOPLE, read my messages.

I'm COMMENTING on the loser people who are willingly being dragged along by, of all things, a theme.

Sure bbx is dragging on the theme.

But my point ALL ALONG is people here are still claiming that it will be the best thing ever, they can't wait for it to be released, they read every message in this lame thread, and it has been months since it was first released.

fireside
Professional Poster
Dec 24, 2003, 02:42 AM

bbx isnt dragging anyone along. people are dragging themselves along. even if this thread wasnt made, people would be making different threads asking when Omega will be released. you obviously do have a problem with bbx because you're like "hes dragging his ass." he's not dragging his ass, hes working hard. sorry if his life isnt to make themes.

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Dec 24, 2003, 03:03 AM

Have to agree�people seem to be latching on than being dragged along. Get off the guy's back (nuts). He'll release it when he releases it. He's probably got lots o' real work to do, and that whole life thing.

benign
Mac Elite
Dec 24, 2003, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by MindFad:
Have to agree�people seem to be latching on than being dragged along. ;) Get off the guy's back (nuts). He'll release it when he releases it. He's probably got lots o' real work to do, and that whole life thing. :cool:
... Probably not, He's making a theme and a
few desktops and a bunch of icons and a
matching Safari theme plus... etc, etc...
add infinitum...

If he wanted to release just an SS theme,
he could of done that ages ago. Guys a little
set now to blow a few lids and is trying to
overwhelm 'em - lets hope he can do it.
Otherwise - it's egg all over his face.

just another priority
formated dark theme.

Simple Empire...

chezpaul
Senior User
Dec 24, 2003, 10:54 AM

Like any other theme, some will like it and some won't. Maybe more won't cause it's a dark theme. But will be just like any other theme.
This thread is only hype created by some people who must not have much to do outside of the internet... ;-)

And if bbx hadn't created this thread, well it woudln't exist cause no one would know about Omega... I'm not judging here.. Just citing a fact.

IT'S ONLY A THEME... hahah and for those who think right this second.. "Ya, that's what you think", I rest my case... ;-)

Merry Xmas to you all
Dual 1 Gig DDR & 15' Powerbook 867 MHz, Sony Ericsson T637 phone

dialo
Senior User
Dec 24, 2003, 11:43 AM

phillyru, slboett, fireside, I'm NOT complaining about bbx OR the theme.

JESUS PEOPLE, read my messages.

I'm COMMENTING on the loser people who are willingly being dragged along by, of all things, a theme.

Sure bbx is dragging on the theme.

But my point ALL ALONG is people here are still claiming that it will be the best thing ever, they can't wait for it to be released, they read every message in this lame thread, and it has been months since it was first released.
How lucky everyone is to be woken from an ignorant slumber by someone as benevolent as yourself.

We support you in your tireless efforts to save the misguided forum masses from their destructive behavior.

Or maybe you are just the biggest loser to hit macnn, spending your first few post being a total tard.

God bless us, everyone.

eep
Dec 24, 2003, 12:55 PM

Is there going to be a non-black version? If not I'll never use it no matter how "cool" it is. But I'll check it out.

Everyone needs to relax. It's only a theme. However whom ever made the comparison to Kaleidoscope is probably correct. 95% crap themes 3% OK 2% good. All the Windowblind themes are like this too.

Hopefully Shapeshifter dosen't end up the same way.

Just my opinion.

cloudaj
Forum Regular
Dec 24, 2003, 01:07 PM

its a hobby for a lot of people (theming), why do you have to say calm down about it? I mean one might say the same thing about someone who gets really hyped up over a football game, i mean its just a game, calm down. Its something people really enjoy and that they spend a lot of time with, so naturally its going to be something they get really excited about. Don't pass judgement because its "just a little theme".

eep
Dec 24, 2003, 01:22 PM

What I was meaning was the name calling and the reading meaning into statements. Where did I say or imply: "just a little theme". I don't believe any judgement was passed.

As a Graphic Designer I get excited about designing, but when I show my stuff or stuff I think is cool to other people and they don't appreciate it I don't get all pissy about it.

Designers have to have a think skin. I think if you're designing themes you better be able to take critcism of all kinds.
( Last edited by eep; Dec 24, 2003 at 01:29 PM. )

quandarry
Dec 24, 2003, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by cloudaj:
this isnt his first theme, his REPUTATION on putting out has a lot to do with it.
a little history lesson for you since you are spouting bullsh!t...bbx has never, yes never made and reased a theme for os x!

i don't get where people think he is one of the el primo themers of the new millenium from.

quandarry
Dec 24, 2003, 01:38 PM

hehe...this guy has it all figured out.

....beware of the network shadow he is behind every tree ready to beat you with a dead theme till you comply with his shadow minions or he may be found around the corner kissing bbx's butt waving a 'shapeshifter or die' flag.

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 24, 2003, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by eep:
...95% crap themes 3% OK 2% good....
BBX's themes were definitely all part of that 2%.

Forum Links
Forum Rules