Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > How to change 'registration' details?

How to change 'registration' details?
VividWire
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 8, 2007, 05:28 PM

I just re-installed OSX on my macbook but on the initial user 'registration' screen I made a spelling mistake in my name, now in some applications my name is spelt wrong... it's kind of bugging me. Is there any way I can get back to the registration screen to change it without reinstalling osx again?

Thanks!

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2007, 05:44 PM

It sort of depends... Open up the Address Book and find yourself there. Is that spelled correctly? I don't have any idea if that will retroactively fix other application identities, but it is a start. Many apps take the information from your account setup, System Preferences, Accounts. But most apps take whatever info you enter into their own registration page, totally independent of any Apple app.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2007, 07:46 PM

Open System Preferences (located in the Apple Menu) and click Accounts. The problem is probably in the spelling of the long name, which you can change. If it's in the short name, that's a lot harder to change.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 8, 2007, 07:51 PM

The long name in Accounts and "Me" name in your Address Book should take care of it. Applications should be pulling their data from the Address Book, but I think some use Accounts, so it's good to change that too.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules