Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Rubbish support from apple

Rubbish support from apple
VividWire
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2007, 07:37 AM

I was having a probelm with my macbook pro... the keyboard and trackpad randomly decided if they wanted to work or not so i gave my local apple centre a call who said if I took it in then it would be 7 days before they could do anything with it.

I took it in a few days later and they then said it would be 10 day before they could look at it, which I thought was resonable seeing as I took it in later than I said I would.

After 10 days I gave the apple centre a call to see if they had managed to take a look at it, I had done some research on the net so kind of had an idea of what the problem was. The guy on the phone was rude, I said I knew what the problem was and he basically said to me that he doesnt care, it's their job to look at it and tell me what is wrong with it. He then said it would take 15 days to look at it.

At this point i was starting to get a bit annoyed. It's not been over 15 days and I still havent heard anything, what do you think I should do?

Should I complain once I get my macbook back (if i do ever get it back)

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 18, 2007, 08:05 AM

Keep calling them. And is this an Apple Store or an "authorized repair center?" If it's an Apple Store, contact Apple directly and let them know how their people are treating customers. If it's an authorized repair center, see if you can find a corporate contact and let them know. This is not the "old days" when customer service was a distant third behind making money and showing one's superiority over the customer... You can also complain to Apple about rude authorized repair center people and get them to at least look at whom they authorize...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

VividWire  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2007, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the reply

sorry, it was a authorized repair center.

I think I will give them a call again later and see what the situation is.

Everytime I have spoke to them they keep saying that the 7, 10, 15 or however amount of days is the number of days until they get to take a look at the macbook and not repair it, so I doubt they would have actually done anything yet. I will be even more annoyed if they havent even had a look.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2007, 08:34 AM

I'd keep calling them - the noisey wheel gets the oil type of thing.

Cold Warrior
Sep 18, 2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
I've never heard that saying. Good one!

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2007, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I've never heard that saying. Good one!
Its more likely I mangled the saying

KaiserX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 20, 2007, 03:10 PM

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2007, 03:21 PM

The noisy bird gets the worm

romeosc
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2007, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
The noisy bird gets the worm
In my house its "Bitching gets you more Jewelry!"

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2007, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by MacosNerd View Post
In Japan they say `The nail that sicks out gets hammered.`

Culture is fun.

But in this case keep calling and give them some fun words to play with. Theres no reason it should take this long, nor should you put up with this kind of employee crud.

VividWire  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2007, 12:46 PM

Ok, I keep calling them and nagging them but I don';t seem to be getting any futher.

Each person that answers the phone says something different, I have now been waitint about 22 days eventhough the first time I called they said it would be 7.

This is driving me nuts, I am a web-designer I haven't been able to work properly for 22 days.

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2007, 06:40 PM

Ok, I keep calling them and nagging them but I don';t seem to be getting any futher.
You are long past the point of phone calls. Go in person, be calm, be cool, but get your point across. Twenty-two days is enough time to fix really bad things, like Entourage even.

VividWire  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2007, 10:57 AM

I would do that but I finish work at 5 and the apple store closes at 5.30, I would never get there on time.

I called them again today and said I have had enough, the guy on the phone said he would push them to get it sorted.... I have heard that before though.

23 days, I have lost money from work now >.<

Atheist
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2007, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by VividWire View Post
I would do that but I finish work at 5 and the apple store closes at 5.30, I would never get there on time.

I called them again today and said I have had enough, the guy on the phone said he would push them to get it sorted.... I have heard that before though.

23 days, I have lost money from work now >.<
If you're losing money from work than you may as well just leave work early and go in there in person.

Forum Links
Forum Rules