Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > MahJong? Best review sites for Mac games/sw?

MahJong? Best review sites for Mac games/sw?
kennedy
Mac Elite
Oct 4, 2000, 04:00 PM

After a few years away from the Mac scene, Mac OS X has brought me back. And as I am replacing my family's PCs with Macs, I need to replace their games.... and Carbonized or Cocoa apps would be much preferred, though doubtlessly I will need a bunch of Classic ones as well...

First and foremost, my wife's beloved Shanghai game... what's the best MahJong game for the Mac? (The one in the OS X section of VersionTracker does not run on OS X beta.)

But more generally, I am sure there is a site out there that has particularly good reviews and ratings of the Mac software... which site is the best?

Thanks!
Mac Nut since before color Macs, working for UT Austin Microcenter supporting Mac users

Trevor Covert
Oct 4, 2000, 06:37 PM

This first release of Mac OS X is only a Public Beta and thus you won't find many carbonized and cocoa games just yet. No doubt that the situation will be much different once the final version of Mac OS X is released in early 2001, but the current situation is that just about all of your games will be running in the Classic environment of OS X.

For Mahjong I've heard good things about Shanghai: Second Dynasty for the Mac/PC from Activision.
http://www.activision.com/games/shanghai/

Macinstine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2000, 12:26 AM

Second dynasty 2 for mac doesn't network (read the apology to me in their forum) but still has strong mahjong bots for single player.

Forum Links
Forum Rules