Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.1 crash upon initial startup

9.1 crash upon initial startup
G4 punk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2001, 11:52 PM

I just instatled Os 9.1 from 9.04, first it said that there was a problem instaling a sertain thing, so I had to quit the instal. I tried it again, that time everything went fine, I restarted my computer, the welcom to OS9.1 screen came up. . ., then suddenly it crashed, the computer just shut dow, turned off, it was dead, and I was about to die. I had so much on my comp that I had not backed up and I was about top cry, well I turned my duel G4 500, back on, everything booted up just fine, and everything is working great, but what the hell was that. It scared the SH@#* out of me. Has anyone experienced something similar??
A G4, what coulf be
better!!??

G4 punk  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2001, 02:08 AM

In addition when sleeping (this is probably just trivial), but the power button"breathes" diffrent???? Anyone els notice??? Oh one more thing, durring instal I got a measage that it coulnd, or didnt have an updated driver for my Zip drive and that It may need an updated driver instaled, any help much appreciated. thanx!!!!!!!!
A G4, what coulf be
better!!??

Cipher13
Mar 3, 2001, 08:18 AM

Yeah, thats not unusual with a failed first installation. Just to save you the trouble later, I'd clean install the system. Leave out the component that messed up this time, it obviously wasn't anything integral.
Though your system seems fine.

What do you mean by it breathes differently?
It pulses? Thats a good thing.
Ok, install the latest drivers for your zip. Or just remove them and let the MacOS handle it.

Cipher13

cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 4, 2001, 10:44 PM

Moving thread over to Mac OS area

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2001, 04:51 PM

When I installed 9.1 on my Cube, the thing just Shut Down in the middle of Startup THREE times. I was about to cry, but then it worked fine on the 4th time. I figured it was just doing some wacky firmware updates or something.

I was getting pissed... Spend 10 hours downloading on a Modem, then install only for it to kill my system.

Oh well, I love 9.1 now. Way more stable!

---
I would be pissed if I was the other Me!

[This message has been edited by RAzaRazor (edited 03-05-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules