Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Stream iTunes to Wii?

Stream iTunes to Wii?
shaun3000
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2007, 06:33 PM

I've tried several products and haven't been very happy with any of them. Some have nice interfaces but don't make navigating very easy. Others have decent navigation but the interface is so poor it doesn't matter. What do you recommend I use to stream songs from iTunes on my Mac to my Wii?

bmcgonag
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 28, 2007, 04:52 PM

Here is my best answer at this point.

It will depend on the music you are trying to stream. If it is portected music (bought through the apple store pre-drm-free), then you probably won't be able to do this.

Basically create a webpage and embed the songs in it. Then use the browser on the Wii to play them that way. Just turn on your Webserver on your mac, and place the webpage and songs in the /Sites folder under your Home area...you then reach this by going to

http://<the mac's ip>/~<your mac account name>

Pretty sure that at this point that's about the only way to do it.

hope it helps,

Brian
Brian <- That's me
www.osxtechtips.com

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 06:05 PM

In a similar vein as bmcgonag's suggestion, perhaps MyTunesRSS 3.0rc8 - MacUpdate would make it a bit easier?

zro
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by bmcgonag View Post
Basically create a webpage and embed the songs in it. Then use the browser on the Wii to play them that way. Just turn on your Webserver on your mac, and place the webpage and songs in the /Sites folder under your Home area...you then reach this by going to

http://<the mac's ip>/~<your mac account name>

Pretty sure that at this point that's about the only way to do it.

hope it helps,

Brian
You need to load them into a Flash jukebox to get MP3s to play. The browser can't leverage the Wii's MP3 player.

Forum Links
Forum Rules