Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.1 and Intellimouse Explorer

9.1 and Intellimouse Explorer
John_Engels
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2001, 03:42 PM

On three occasions 9.1 seems to have disabled Intellimouse Explorer...that is, on startup the computer freezes with the cursor in the upper left hand corner, and when I restart, and go to Conflict Catcher, all Intellimouse extensions are disabled. If I reenable them and restrt, things will work for awhile, then Explorer will freeze, and will not quit, I will force-quit it and restart, and the Intellimous extensions are again disabled. Very weird.

Tominator
Jan 15, 2001, 04:18 PM

That is pretty weird. I'm not having that problem with the Intellimouse and my G4 on 9.1.

hodaddy
Jan 15, 2001, 09:42 PM

the only problem i have had w/ 9.1 is the USB overdrive extensions i installed caused the USB bus to lock. once i turned them off, all is o.k.....except every now and again, the mouse 'hangs' for a few seconds when certain disk reads are made. still cant figure out which disk activities are causing this hang tho.

i have had the same problem you are having with the startup 'mouse hang' all the way back to os8.6 before i had an intellimouse. since you have conflict catcher, i suggest a full test. you may have just invoked a conflict with the intellimouse drivers and some other extension that only has surfaced under 9.1.

good luck
if it aint' broke, break it.

Jason ??
Jan 16, 2001, 10:23 AM

I have USB Overdrive 1.3.7 and this seems to have fixed most problems I have had with the Intellimouse, on three diferent machines each with a diferent model.

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2001, 03:43 PM

I too have no problems with my Intellimouse (v1.1) and OS 9.1.

Scott

Forum Links
Forum Rules