Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.1 and Internet Config

9.1 and Internet Config
gepepa
Jul 19, 2001, 04:48 PM

I am still struggling with my lack of the internet config extension. Have found out that 9.1 incorporates an "internet control panel" which replaces? IC...when I open the ICP it tells me: "to use the Internet Control Panel you must first install Internet Config Extension...version 2.0 or later. I am willing!...but when I tried to find an IC download on Pure Mac Netscape tells me that URL is defunct. Is there any hope?
live as if you will die tommorrow...learn as if you will live forever.

<anonymous>
Jul 19, 2001, 05:05 PM

Not sure I'm following you but if the newer version 2.x is with OS 8.5, can you pull it (copy or use tome viewer to extract (decompress?) it if necessary) from your 8.5 system CD and place the later version in the extensions folder.

<anonymous>
Jul 19, 2001, 11:28 PM

Here's Internet Config but this is not what you need apparently:
http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/te...de=16667&b=mac

I think you have to get the extension 9.1 claims you need from an OS CD or the Apple site, either that or the message is bogus.

<anonymous>
Jul 20, 2001, 09:20 AM

Don't see the harm in downloading IC from the above link to see if the extension itself is included however.

Cipher13
Jul 20, 2001, 09:04 PM

Check your other thread, I think the problems correlate; caused by a conflict perhaps. Ditch Conflich Catcher if you have it.

gepepa  (op)
Jul 20, 2001, 09:55 PM

Thanks all...The URL from Pure Mac was Stairway.com but I found a download at mindstory.com and now everything is working. Thanks again.
live as if you will die tommorrow...learn as if you will live forever.

Forum Links
Forum Rules