Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > ATI mac Graphics card no researve on ebay..... SPredding the word

ATI mac Graphics card no researve on ebay..... SPredding the word
alerosport
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2004, 10:10 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...hippingPayment

any questions prolly would be better to email me [email protected]

Works great
http://homepage.mac.com/
ashmc84/AleroSport/signature.jpg
PB 1GHz 768Ram 80 Gig

MacTraderboy
Forum Regular
Mar 26, 2004, 12:13 PM

To bad you posted it on ebay.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 26, 2004, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by MacTraderboy:
To bad you posted it on ebay.
Why is that?
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

alerosport  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2004, 03:27 PM

Duno ^^ someone bought using the buy it now option $151 just affter 16 hours.... works out well for me! Im happy with that.
PB 1GHz 768Ram 80 Gig

MacTraderboy
Forum Regular
Mar 27, 2004, 02:39 PM

Because it bothers me when people advertise their ebay junk on here. If I wanted to buy _______ on Ebay, I would be looking on Ebay. I come to the MacNN Marketplace to buy from the MacNN Marketplace. I have been looking for a graphics card and thats a fair price but I wouldn't buy a iPod from the Dell store for the same reason. Its just the principle of the thing/

This is the only classifieds forum I know of that still allows people to waste our time with Ebay listings.

BoulderDash
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2004, 03:11 PM

Hey hey,
I've got to state that I agree. This is a community, and if someone wants to give the community a crack at a product - this is what it's for. I don't think it should be used as advertising space for eBay or any other auction site.

It's not abuse, but it is annoying. See ya,
BD

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 27, 2004, 05:34 PM

Because it bothers me when people advertise their ebay junk on here. If I wanted to buy _______ on Ebay, I would be looking on Ebay. I come to the MacNN Marketplace to buy from the MacNN Marketplace. I have been looking for a graphics card and thats a fair price but I wouldn't buy a iPod from the Dell store for the same reason. Its just the principle of the thing/

This is the only classifieds forum I know of that still allows people to waste our time with Ebay listings.
Thats nice.

But 66 of your 69 posts have been in the Marketplace. Only people who actually participate in the community have the right to bitch about things. You should probably bite your lip and be glad that the admins allow you to take advantage of the Marketplace at all.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

alerosport  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2004, 12:54 PM

oh well... sorry bout the bother of the post.
PB 1GHz 768Ram 80 Gig

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2004, 01:01 PM

eBay auctions are allowed, as long as you put FA: in front of the title.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 28, 2004, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by alerosport:
oh well... sorry bout the bother of the post.

Don't be.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

BoulderDash
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2004, 03:50 PM

Sooo,
I'm in agreement that you shouldn't be sorry, as it is allowed with an "FA:" in the title. However, I just wish people would try to sell their posted items here first to the community. And then if they don't move, post them on over at eBay to all.

BD

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Mar 28, 2004, 07:48 PM

You are one to talk. I agree with Powerbookman. You are here for your own profit and that crap you are spouting about this guy is just hypocritical. If the policy about allowing ebay auctions bugs you so much go away. You've contributed absolutely nothing to this forum.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

MacTraderboy
Forum Regular
Mar 28, 2004, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
You are one to talk. I agree with Powerbookman. You are here for your own profit and that crap you are spouting about this guy is just hypocritical. If the policy about allowing ebay auctions bugs you so much go away. You've contributed absolutely nothing to this forum.
I have bought many items here also. It is the "marketplace" so why would you be here for any other reason that to profit by either selling or buying merchandise at what two parties agree is an equitable price?

When I have information about a subject I share but by the time I read a post someone has already said what I would've. When I have a question, I ask. 90% of the time I find the answer by searching the forums here or on Apple.com/support and if that doesn't work I do a Google search.

I realize most people aren't that considerate. If you two would prefer that I post every stupid question I have and bother someone else to answer something that typing three words into Safari's Google field would answer, so that I can up my forum count, I suppose that could be done.

I do appreciate that Powerbookman went through all the trouble to count my posts and the forums they were in. Makes me feel special that someone would go through so much trouble.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 29, 2004, 02:00 AM

I have bought many items here also. It is the "marketplace" so why would you be here for any other reason that to profit by either selling or buying merchandise at what two parties agree is an equitable price?

When I have information about a subject I share but by the time I read a post someone has already said what I would've. When I have a question, I ask. 90% of the time I find the answer by searching the forums here or on Apple.com/support and if that doesn't work I do a Google search.

I realize most people aren't that considerate. If you two would prefer that I post every stupid question I have and bother someone else to answer something that typing three words into Safari's Google field would answer, so that I can up my forum count, I suppose that could be done.

I do appreciate that Powerbookman went through all the trouble to count my posts and the forums they were in. Makes me feel special that someone would go through so much trouble.
It isn't about posting to ask questions. That has nothing to do with being a member of the community. While it may be nice for you to use Google for your own benefit, when was the last time you stopped in one of the forums here to answer a question for somebody else's benefit? When was the last time you made a post in a miscellaneous thread in the lounge, or any of the other forums for that matter?

I, as well as Captain Obvious, come into the Marketplace to look for profit from buying and selling, that is correct. But we did not join MacNN strictly for that reason as you did.

You are nothing more than a leach on the forum. And you are not a particularly good trader, I remember the fit you had about posting prices for your for sale items.

And don't feel too flattered that I know you have only made 4 posts out of the Marketplace. The posts in your post history are all linked by one word, 'Marketplace'. It is not hard to notice that a different word only appears 4 times.
( Last edited by Lateralus; Mar 29, 2004 at 03:19 AM. )
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2004, 03:22 AM

There is another use for eBay links: if we know the person is a long-time member of the MacNN community (unlike you, MacTraderboy), then that is one more thing we can use to ensure a good transaction on eBay. Given all the scams and crap, I'm glad people post their auctions so I know that at least some of them are honest. I'd trust an eBay link from a trusted member of our community 100x more than a Marketplace post by some newbie who barely even realizes there are forums other than the buy/sell one.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

MacTraderboy
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2004, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno:
There is another use for eBay links: if we know the person is a long-time member of the MacNN community (unlike you, MacTraderboy), then that is one more thing we can use to ensure a good transaction on eBay. Given all the scams and crap, I'm glad people post their auctions so I know that at least some of them are honest. I'd trust an eBay link from a trusted member of our community 100x more than a Marketplace post by some newbie who barely even realizes there are forums other than the buy/sell one.
Ok, I can certainly see that point. With Ebay getting as bad as it is, its nice to have every little reassurance you can.

alerosport  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2004, 01:01 PM

wow did i cuase a lil fight lol

im sure if i would have read all the stickys and what not before i posted i would have known about the FA in the title sorry about that, i don't come here often im on aleromod.com all the time lol and i work at a mac store fixing macs all day so im maced out by the time i get hom lol

but if anyone has a mac problems i can find out whats wrong by one of us techs here
PB 1GHz 768Ram 80 Gig

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 31, 2004, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by alerosport:
wow did i cuase a lil fight lol

im sure if i would have read all the stickys and what not before i posted i would have known about the FA in the title sorry about that, i don't come here often im on aleromod.com all the time lol and i work at a mac store fixing macs all day so im maced out by the time i get hom lol

but if anyone has a mac problems i can find out whats wrong by one of us techs here
Your title was sufficiently descriptive. It had the word eBay in it. That is enough... for most people.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

MacTraderboy
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2004, 11:36 PM

I don't think it originally had that title, didn't he change it?

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 31, 2004, 11:45 PM

As far as I know, you can't change the thread title once there has been a response in the thread.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

alerosport  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 6, 2004, 10:18 AM

Naw i didn't change the title, duno if ya can anyways
PB 1GHz 768Ram 80 Gig

Forum Links