Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > how do I place 9.2 on separate partition on new G4 dual mgz?

how do I place 9.2 on separate partition on new G4 dual mgz?
rotuts
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2002, 06:06 AM

Hello
I have a new G4dual I got yest. it came with two os X disks and 4 'restore' disks. Ive added a second HD and wish to place OS X 10.2 (updated to 10.2.1) on one partition, and OS 9.2.2 on a separate partition there does not appear to be a seperate OS 9 cd in the packet, and the restore cd places 9 on the OS X partition.

I have a CD 9.2.1 update that came with an earlier viersion of 10. weren't they supposed to put the lastest 9 with the new G4's? Im concerned that if I use the 9.2.1, how do I update the 9 to the 9 that workes best with the new G4 dual 1mgz?

thanks rotut

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2002, 07:52 PM

I can't see why you couldn't copy the OS 9 System Folder from the OS X partition to your OS 9 partition. Sounds like it shoud work.

One more thing, hold command while you copy the OS 9 System Folder to your OS 9 partition and it will move it instead of copy.

Brad
( Last edited by bradoesch; Sep 29, 2002 at 04:12 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules