Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > 5G iPod continually rebooting

5G iPod continually rebooting
servo
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 27, 2006, 01:12 PM

I got a 60GB 5G iPod this past weekend and today after copying a few movie files and updating podcasts it now continually reboots when ejected from my PowerBook. I tried reinstalling the 1.1 update, but after loading my library it reboots over and over again. I tried removing all video and podcasts and still the same problem.

Any ideas?

macgyvr64
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 3, 2006, 12:09 AM

Try plugging it in and doing a restore (not update) with the iPod Updater software. This will clear most problems, as the entire iPod gets wiped and made new again.

servo  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2006, 12:37 AM

Turns out the problem has something to do with my calendars when they are synced over. I'm going to try syncing one calendar to try and narrow it down.

_fluffy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2006, 03:08 AM

I ran into this same problem. It turned out to be a problem with how the iPod handles international text.

http://beesbuzz.biz/blog/e/2006/02/1...ng_ipod_5g.php

If it's truly a problem with your calendars you'll just have to go through something similar to that, with the "bonus" that it's a lot more difficult to filter out individual calendar entries than songs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules