Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Where to download X11 SDK?

Where to download X11 SDK?
Dave N
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 20, 2003, 12:48 PM

I brought my ibook into work today and wanted to install fink. I installed X11 when I installed Panther, but didn't install SDK. I left my Panther disks at home, and Apple has apparently removed the SDK download from their site. I tried downloading it from a couple of non-US apple sites, but it is an older version and won't install over my current X11.

Is there anywhere I can download the current SDK? I only have a modem connection at home and really wanted to install before this weekend...

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2003, 01:01 PM

I hate to tell you this, but I think the only way to get the X11SDK is to get the full XCode (which includes it).
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

Dave N  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 20, 2003, 01:17 PM

I downloaded X11 from Apple (if this is what you mean by XCode; I've installed fink before, but I'm not very Unix-knowledgeable), but I don't think SDK is included with it. From reading older posts, you must manually select SDK when installing X11, but there was no option for this with the X11 download from Apple.

wadesworld
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 20, 2003, 02:19 PM

No, XCode is the developer's tools and that includes the X11 SDK as an optional install.

Wade

Dave N  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 20, 2003, 04:03 PM

Thanks guys. I downloaded Xcode and the X11 SDK package was in there. I installed it on my work computer and fink/kde loaded fine. But on my ibook the fink server download suddenly got molasses-ly slow.

suthercd
Senior User
Nov 20, 2003, 08:45 PM

Fink is still being updated for 10.3 There is a lot of perssure on the servers, plus packages are still being configured and are not yet released. They have made huge progress over the last couple of weeks, but the task is still daunting. A couple more weeks will see most of fink's packages available.

HTH
Craig
( Last edited by suthercd; Nov 21, 2003 at 11:48 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules