Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Looking for a good keyboard for my PB

Looking for a good keyboard for my PB
DNA man
Senior User
May 26, 2003, 01:01 PM

I am shopping around for an external keyboard for my PowerBook. I would like views on the best for my Mac. I have a couple of concerns first.

Should I go for the Apple pro keyboard and not consider any others for the simple reasons that that Pro keyboard has soft USB power ON/OFF and will still provide me with an extra USB port. It seems that in some cases other keyboards will result in losing a USB port and do not seem to have the soft power option.

Do the media keboards really work? Or do most of the buttons do nothing as the keyboards were really designed for Wintel machines. I'd be running OSX and OS9.2.1

I was thinking about the key board range from Macally. Are they OK?

Many thanks in advance for any feed back.
Cheers

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 26, 2003, 01:13 PM

The Pro KB from Apple has the best feel, IMO. Plus, I've not encountered any problems with it all... That's something I can't say about almost all other KBs I've tried.

Of course, I hardly ever use my Pro KB... The one on my PB 12 is just awesome.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

DNA man  (op)
Senior User
May 29, 2003, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
The Pro KB from Apple has the best feel, IMO. Plus, I've not encountered any problems with it all... That's something I can't say about almost all other KBs I've tried.

Of course, I hardly ever use my Pro KB... The one on my PB 12 is just awesome.
Thanks. I have been surfing about in the UK looking for a black Apple pro keyboard but all I can find is white. I don't like white! Even the Apple Store UK has stopped selling the black Apple Pro keyboard

Forum Links
Forum Rules