Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.4.9 big mistake.

10.4.9 big mistake.
bigt0169
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2007, 07:04 PM

Ever since I downloaded 10.4.9 I have been having trouble booting. I have a MBP 2.0 CD and when I start up my computer it won't locate my wireless connection and then I then I try to locate my wireless connection my computer fails. I get a black screen that comes down over the GUI and it says that the OS has failed and hold down the power button and restart. How can I get rid of 10.4.9 and go back to 10.4.8? I had no trouble with that. Thanks.

dimmer
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2007, 08:06 PM

Ick, sadly, you'll need to go back and do an Archive and Install from your 10.4 CD/DVD, then download the 10.4.8 update (which you should be able to find somewhere) -- but I'd try troubleshooting first: set up a new account, see if issue prevails, "repair permissions" as that's the magical incantation for OS X (it does nothing more than "Rebuild Desktop" did in OS 9, but, hey, sometimes that worked as well!)

Hope that helps a little, you should get better info from others here.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Mar 23, 2007, 04:51 AM

Dimmer has some good advice there. But in case that doesn't work, before you start over from scratch, download the full OS 10.4.9 update form Apple's website (not the .8->.9 "delta" update, the full 10.4.x->10.4.9 "combo" update) and apply that to your system. Sometimes that helps.

silverflyer
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 23, 2007, 10:47 AM

The above may work, if it doesnt you can also try DiskWarrior.

DiskWarrior 4
Mac Pro Dual Quad 3.2ghz, 4gb ram, 4x 1 Terabyte hdd's, 8800GT, 30inch Samsung display running OSX Leopard Server
15 inch Macbook Pro Unibody and Apple 24 inch LED Display.

Forum Links
Forum Rules