Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Mono monitor question

Mono monitor question
tepeka
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2002, 03:20 AM

This is probably a really stupid question, but...

I need a really small monitor to go with my 7500, and I've seen 9" mono VGA monitors on eBay for $7.50. Will these work with the 7500? They should, right??
Is it time to go home yet?

willed
Professional Poster
May 16, 2002, 03:34 AM

I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but why do you need it??

tepeka  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2002, 03:45 AM

Originally posted by willed:
<STRONG>I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but why do you need it??</STRONG>
I'm turning the 7500 into an MP3 jukebox, so the monitor's going to be on a bookshelf. Ideally, I'd like a nice LCD display, but they're more than I'm willing to pay...
Is it time to go home yet?

Paco500
Professional Poster
May 16, 2002, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by tepeka:
<STRONG>I'm turning the 7500 into an MP3 jukebox, so the monitor's going to be on a bookshelf. Ideally, I'd like a nice LCD display, but they're more than I'm willing to pay...</STRONG>
I have a mono 9" monitor now w/ vga that worked on a G4 in 9. My brother found it lying around at his office and, as a joke, replaced a co-worker's 21" with this. The resolution was fixed at something like 320X200, but it worked.

He gave it to me to use with an intel/bsd server that I am procrastinating on putting together.

Your only problem might be finding the proper Mac Vid -&gt; VGA converter that can handle the low res.

Paco

Secret Vampire
Forum Regular
May 16, 2002, 05:24 PM

Originally posted by tepeka:
<STRONG>

I'm turning the 7500 into an MP3 jukebox, so the monitor's going to be on a bookshelf. Ideally, I'd like a nice LCD display, but they're more than I'm willing to pay...</STRONG>
the other week at a computer fair I saw some LCDs out of some kind of industrial system, they were in not entirely pleasant metal cases, but they could have been stripped out and put in a picture frame, or something... anyway, they were going for sub �100.

This doesn't help you at all of course
Secret

4 Macs, 6 Amigas, 3 SparcStations, an Atari ST, an Acorn, and N+1 PCs.

I'm such a geek.

Forum Links
Forum Rules