Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Not able to select or boot to OS9 System disk? - 10.2.6

Not able to select or boot to OS9 System disk? - 10.2.6
solecist
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2003, 01:20 PM

I am having some hard disk difficulties and wanted to start up from my Norton SystemWorks 2 disk. Put it in, held C and it was ignored. I went to the startup panel in SysPrefs and where it used to give me an option to starup from an internal disk with an OS9 system on it - it won't now. Neither will a firewire OS9 disk be allowed or recognized.

How do I get OS9 back? I need to do some scanning over SCSI that's not supported in X also?

solecist  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2003, 08:06 PM

My other two older macs running 10.2.6 still show OS9 bootable volumes and let me boot to 9 just fine. Any thoughts?

jonny05
Jul 5, 2003, 06:08 AM

Have you checked the OS 9 volumes in Disk Utility to see if there are any errors preventing the Mac booting from them?

solecist  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2003, 10:50 PM

Apple.com: some computers will not start up in OS9

I bought this system last month, so I guess Apple says I can't boot to OS9 - but before I managed to startup from the system works CD in os9. Oh, well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules