Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Need a Help .. Installing Final Cut Studio

Need a Help .. Installing Final Cut Studio
rollerboi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2006, 06:35 PM

Hey guys, I got this Final Cut Studio Disc's and having trouble installing them. I got them from a friend of mine and he's not available at this moment.
I am having truble with installing them. I am originally a microsoft pc user and curently bought a one year old iMac G5 (not the intel verson). with 17 inch . Basically i don't know anything about Mac Computers but its seems like way more instesting and fun. I don't think i would go back to the window PC once i learn the Mac. Thanks for the help everyone. Any help would be alot. Thanks You

I inserted the DVD 1 and the Burn Folder popped up. I Opened the Folder and it has :

Fianl Cut Pro 5.dmg
Soundtrack Pro.dmg
Apple Loops for Soundtrack...Part02.sitx
StuffitDeluxe10
Final Cut Studio S/N

I installed StuffitDeluxe10 on to my computer and it has now two boxes on the bottom one stating "DropDtuff" and "Stuffit Expander". When i clicked on Stuffit Expander , a window popped uo stating Expander

Then I tried to Drag the Apple loops for soundtrack part 02 into the "expander" window and a message popped up stating The destination folder "Burn Folder" is on a locked volume. Please select another destination. and when i Click "Ok" It took me to another window in my Macintosh HD and gave me the option of "Cancel" or "Open" when i Open's it it started expanding the file and then a message popped up stating the - The file"Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro.toast.art02.sitx does not appear to be compressed or encoded. It is advised that you obtain further information about the contents of this file from the sender or provider of the file.

If i Drag the Final Cut Pro 5.dmg into the Expander Window it poppes up the same message about the locked bolume and then i click" open" and it poppes up the same window of Macintosh HD - Application - Final Cut Pro Additional Easy Setup- English and then when i "open" it started expanding it the dissapears on me.
Ir i double click the Final Cut Pro5.smg it starts Verigying it and then a window opens up which has a folder stating 'Install Final Cut Studio" and i double click to open it and it starts downloading the file and then a message poppes up stating " please install the Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro disc to continue installation. and in that window there is only a " cancel" option and if i click that if show me a message saying if i cancel , the software may be partially installed and may not function properly.
If i starts installing the Soundtrack Pro and gives me the same message of inserting the Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro disc to continue installation and then when i cancel it then that message stating partially installed..........

If i take that disc out and insert the disc two with 'Apple Loops for Soundtrack01.sitx and double click it and it starts expanding it into the Macintosh HD - Application - Final Cut Pro Additional Easy Setup- English and asks to locate the Apple Loops ..Soundtrack 02.. but doesn't takes me far.

I am totally new to Mac and don't understand much and how it functions and even not sure if the window stating iDisk, Network, Macintosh HD, Desktop, Application Document, Movies is equal to the my Computer in Window systems. I also would like to know how to find out about what kind of graphic card it has, and about RAM and Hard Drive and stuff.

I can open the final cut pro and soundtrack in there now but not sure if it is fully installed becuase the message came when i was installing them stating 'software may be partially installed and may not function properly.'

I don't know if they would be working properly after all. I haven't tried the other disc's yet. I need a Pro's help.

I also have other disc's stating
Disc 1. Folder 1 Apple Loops for Soundtrack part 02.sitx, Final Cut Pro 5.dmg, Final Cut Studio S/N, Sound trackpro.dmg, StuffitDeluxe10
Disc 2. Folder 2 Apple Loops for Soundtrack1
3. Folder 3 DVD Studio Pro 4.0 toast Part 1.sitx
4. Folder 4 " " " " " " 2
5. Folder 5 Motion dmg.part 01.sitx
6. Folder 6 " " " 02
7. Folder 7 Live Type Media 1 toast part 01.sitx
8. Folder 8 " " " 02
9. Folder 9 Live Type Media 2. toast

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 4, 2006, 06:45 PM

It sounds like you're trying to install software for which you do not have a valid license (also known as "pirated software"). The rules of these forums prohibit such threads.

If you're interested in using Final Cut Sudio, I would encourage you to purchase a copy from Apple. If the price is too steep you may want to consider Final Cut Express.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
May 4, 2006, 07:33 PM

Indeed, we cannot condone piracy here, as clearly explained in our rules.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules