Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Pagemaker 7 unable to launch in Classic or Os 9

Pagemaker 7 unable to launch in Classic or Os 9
Coller
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2003, 02:33 AM

I'm running on 10.2.8 and 9.2.2.

If I launch Pagemaker in Mac Os X, the Classic starts up, Pm launches and immediately quits and displays this error: "The application (null) has unexpectedly quit. (-2880)".

If I launch Pm in Os 9, Error is: "The application "Adobe PageMaker 7.0" could not be opened because an unexpected error occured (-2817).

I have repaired permissions, rebuild desktop, reinstalled Pm 7, fsck, Googled and Diskwarriored without sucess. Any ideas what would be wrong?

(And yes, I have InDesign 2, but it just doesn't open properly the .pmd or .p65 files)

Thanks,

Coller

Jacke
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 13, 2003, 01:43 PM

MacErrors says it's "fragLibConnErr - Code Fragment Manger-boot library has initialization routine" for error -2817, whatever that means. I'd try booting with only the necessary extensions active (the base OS 9 and if PM needs any specific ones), change the allocated memory (in OS 9) and if that doesn't work try to re-install OS 9.

Coller  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2003, 03:29 AM

Reinstalling Os 9 was what occured to me also. Voi perkele mik� homma, one could say.

Forum Links
Forum Rules