Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OS X Copying Errors & iPhoto

OS X Copying Errors & iPhoto
JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2007, 10:06 PM

So I did a clean install of 10.5 yesterday and ran into some issues with iPhoto.

I had backed up everything to an external drive before doing my install. I go to copy the 70 gigs of data back over and got an error. Can not copy because its unable to read some of the data. So I go to copy over each fold by itself. Turns out its my iPhoto library thats causing problems. Mini freak out. I try copying it again, same problem. My solution is to open up the package contents in the iPhoto Library on my computer and replace everything with the package contents of the backup. This appears to work, as iPhoto now sees the 15,000 + items.

The thing that has me worried is that the backup is 57 gigs in size and whats on my computer is 51 gigs. I have no way to know if everything is backed up totally or not. Should I be worried about this missing 6 gigs of space?

JoshuaZ  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2007, 11:33 AM

Super bump!

JoshuaZ  (op)
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2007, 12:57 AM

In case anyone ever does this and has issues, my lost 7 gigs were from the iPod folder. Seems iPhoto stores every thumbnail you put on your ipod. Bloated piece of...

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2007, 02:41 AM

Yeah, iPhoto is pretty profligate with space.

Forum Links
Forum Rules