Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > .c programming need help...

.c programming need help...
wteixeir
Jan 20, 2003, 01:11 AM

well actually, this is my first time using Developers Tool, so I would like to ask if anyone know what are the procedures that I should take in order to open my .c file program and compile it under Project Builder ????

I've been trying to but unsuccessfully...I can open my .c file but i cannot use anything, besides i dont know which library to pick ... etc...

Does anyone know where can i find that type of info on the net ??

thanks

type_r503
Jan 20, 2003, 01:20 AM

You need to create a standard tool project. File>New Project...>Standard Tool. Next you can enter your code or add you source file to the project.

Type R
I be that insane n***a from the psycho ward.

wteixeir  (op)
Jan 20, 2003, 01:34 AM

Originally posted by type_r503:
You need to create a standard tool project. File>New Project...>Standard Tool. Next you can enter your code or add you source file to the project.

Type R

Does Project Builder have a COMPILE buttom or something like it, or what should i click just to compile the program ?

Thanks anyway !

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 20, 2003, 04:40 AM

Originally posted by wteixeir:
Does Project Builder have a COMPILE buttom or something like it, or what should i click just to compile the program ?
Choose Build or click the hammer button in the toolbar.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

yeslekmc
Jan 20, 2003, 08:51 PM

Does anyone know where can i find that type of info on the net ??
Check out this link: http://cocoadevcentral.com/articles/000054.php
This is an article called, "Learn C with Project Builder" from the CocoaDev Central web site. It will get you starting using Project Builder to run C programs from just about any textbook. Have fun!

wteixeir  (op)
Jan 21, 2003, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by yeslekmc:
Check out this link: http://cocoadevcentral.com/articles/000054.php
This is an article called, "Learn C with Project Builder" from the CocoaDev Central web site. It will get you starting using Project Builder to run C programs from just about any textbook. Have fun!

After i compile my .c program with gcc on the Terminal, i can simply type for example: "towers 1 2 3" and i would get a result ... does project builder give me this option to test my program inputing different values for my variables after compiling it ????

thanks

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2003, 01:22 AM

After i compile my .c program with gcc on the Terminal, i can simply type for example: "towers 1 2 3" and i would get a result ... does project builder give me this option to test my program inputing different values for my variables after compiling it ????
Sure. Project Builder allows input through the Run panel (the same place it prints the output from your program).

Oh, it occurred to me that you might have meant "towers" to be your executable's name rather than an intended value for a variable. In the case, you can add launch arguments in the Executables tab of the appropriate target.
( Last edited by Chuckit; Jan 21, 2003 at 01:58 AM. )
Chuck
___

wteixeir  (op)
Jan 21, 2003, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Chuckit:
Sure. Project Builder allows input through the Run panel (the same place it prints the output from your program).

Oh, it occurred to me that you might have meant "towers" to be your executable's name rather than an intended value for a variable. In the case, you can add launch arguments in the Executables tab of the appropriate target.
Well yeah, it's my executable file. I still don;t know how to do on the Project Builder the same thing i can do on the Terminal. On the terminal, i just compile the program, and then i can simply type, for example towers 3 1 2, the numbers are needed as inputs. Thats what i want to do with Project builder, but i'm still clueless about it !

thanks

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 21, 2003, 09:15 PM

Well yeah, it's my executable file. I still don;t know how to do on the Project Builder the same thing i can do on the Terminal. On the terminal, i just compile the program, and then i can simply type, for example towers 3 1 2, the numbers are needed as inputs. Thats what i want to do with Project builder, but i'm still clueless about it !
Like I said, you can set launch arguments in the Executables section of the appropriate target. For instance, you'd go to towers > Executables > Arguments, click "Add Argument", enter 3 for the argument, click "Add Argument" again, enter 1 for the argument, click "Add Argument" again and enter 2 for the argument. Then you just hit Run or Build & Run and it will run the program with those arguments.
Chuck
___

wteixeir  (op)
Jan 21, 2003, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by Chuckit:
Like I said, you can set launch arguments in the Executables section of the appropriate target. For instance, you'd go to towers > Executables > Arguments, click "Add Argument", enter 3 for the argument, click "Add Argument" again, enter 1 for the argument, click "Add Argument" again and enter 2 for the argument. Then you just hit Run or Build & Run and it will run the program with those arguments.

Thank you very much, I just got it !
Thanks again

Forum Links
Forum Rules