Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Warcraft 3, no CD

Warcraft 3, no CD (Page 2)
sminch
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2005, 06:27 PM

hey slapdash -

i was hoping you could post a link to the d/l you mentioned. i was using the original cd until i found this message, and am now mounting a disk image from the desktop. unfortunately, this has to include the 400mb main wc3 file (can't remember its name) to work - i can't delete it as was discussed in the posts above.

so anyway, if you could direct me to the file you downloaded that'd be cool as it'd free up a chunk of my hd.

cheers in advance, assuming that you'll read this...

sminch

slapdash
Feb 14, 2005, 10:07 PM

Originally posted by sminch:
hey slapdash -

i was hoping you could post a link to the d/l you mentioned. i was using the original cd until i found this message, and am now mounting a disk image from the desktop. unfortunately, this has to include the 400mb main wc3 file (can't remember its name) to work - i can't delete it as was discussed in the posts above.

so anyway, if you could direct me to the file you downloaded that'd be cool as it'd free up a chunk of my hd.

cheers in advance, assuming that you'll read this...

sminch
The instructions do actually work (for war 3 at least), though you have to muck around a bit to pull it off. I made one off made disks now which rock, I just wish I could do the same for my D2 and Starcraft ones now

I would post you the ones I made (which are actually smaller even than those listed here) but that feels wrong to me for some reason. But I can give you a link to where I found the first ones, here in this thread, right on this same forum:

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...n+throne+image

And any help on one for D2, Starcraft and Broodwar, either a download to a small similar disk image or instructions on how to pull it off using my own discs are more than welcome if you can help.

Have fun with your free disk space!

sminch
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2005, 10:32 PM

sweet, thanks for that slapdash. i was fiddling around for hours last night with making the dmg and i so couldn't get the game to recognise it for me unless i left that one honking great file in there - it seemed to be the only thing that mattered.

i'd love to help you out with the other games but wc3 is unfortunately the only game i own (he says, blushing furiously) and i'm so new to macs that last night was my first time making and mounting a disk image (cue more blushing) so i have zero idea what i'm doing. i've had a hunt around but i'll be jiggered if i can see anything similar for d2, starcraft, or broodwar. good luck though, yeah?

thanks again!

sminch

jay3ld
Senior User
Feb 17, 2005, 01:47 AM

i could try to make the no cd for it. i have done it before. but i dont got Warcraft. but all i need to crack it is the app file. its all in there

blizzard
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 17, 2005, 02:07 PM

I think I've let this be long enough in the hopes that conversation would fizzle out, but it appears that's not all that likely. The legality or rightness of making no-CD cracks for games you own notwithstanding, it's not the policy of this board to allow discussion on such things. We hope you understand the reasons why, but if you need clarification please PM me and I'd be more than happy to explain.
Living, working, and freezing in the Canadian north.

Forum Links
Forum Rules