Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Remote Control For My Mac and Home Theatre

Remote Control For My Mac and Home Theatre
bwahahax
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2005, 09:58 PM

I'm really getting tired of getting up every time I want to pause or skip through audio & video being played from my Mac on my television. I've looked at those Logitech and ATI remotes that control computers as well as other components, and they seem decent enough, although a bit more complicated than I'd hoped for. I know there are other remotes that do just the very basic.

I'm looking for any thoughts or recommendations you folks might have for a capable yet elegant solution.

f1000
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2005, 08:41 AM

If your Mac has Bluetooth, you can use a BT cell phone or wireless keyboard and mouse as a remote. Do a search for Romeo and Salling Clicker.

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Feb 19, 2005, 08:56 AM

Keyspan DMR.

slapdash
Feb 19, 2005, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Diggory Laycock:
Keyspan DMR.
Keyspan rocks. I've got the Keyspan Express which is a fantastic solution. Completely customizable and works wonderfully. Check it out.

guywithFX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2005, 02:16 AM

sorry, but i just don't think that IR remotes are all that great, especially with their range in mind. i'm looking inot griffin's new airclick that uses RF. another great RF remote is the ati remote wonder. i used one of those for quite awile and they are amazingly customizeable for any app and for general use aswell.

V12
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 21, 2005, 12:24 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules