Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > mac to active directory integration

mac to active directory integration
HyperX
Forum Regular
Oct 30, 2006, 10:12 AM

Not sure if this is the right place. I have been googling mac osx and AD and apparently there is some plugin that would allow my mac to authenticate on a Microsoft Active Directory. Can someone point me to where I can buy/download it? We are trying to replace a bunch of Windows PCs at work with Macs and would like to authenticate them easily.

Second question, how does one go about logging into a windows machine's administrative share (like C$)? I have no problems getting into windows shares, just not the invisible ones. I know I was able to do this in Linux, any help would be great.

If this is the wrong place to post, I apologize in advance!

shiff
Forum Regular
Oct 30, 2006, 10:20 AM

Thursby software makes a couple good pieces of software. Look at both of their products.

There are things you can do without the third party software, but I found it much easier and much more stable using their software.

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2006, 09:50 PM

I run about 30 macs all bound to an AD network, and it works great. You can enable AD in the directory access utility. Macs can comply with policies and can allow authenticated access.

ImpulseResponse

Forum Links
Forum Rules