Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: iBook Clamshell Key Lime 366

FS: iBook Clamshell Key Lime 366
mBurns
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2006, 09:46 PM

Since we must post an asking, I'll ask $500. It may seem high and that's what offers are for so please don't be afraid to PM me an offer. I take NO OFFENSE. I know it's a purchase and something is only as valuable as the next person will pay for it.

Hello. I have an iBook Clamshell Key Lime 366 MHZ for sale. It has 128 MB ram, 10 gb hd, original box, manuals, etc. Feel free to PM me for more information, pictures, etc. It's in good condition except the stem on the apple is missing. Feel free to PM me for more information.

Reason for selling?
I bought another iBook clamshell and sadly I can't have two!

Also, I'm not accepting trades because I need cash.

EDIT: It will come with the Key Lime Mac-Case for the right price. The Key Lime Mac-Case is in excellent condition because this clamshell has rarely left the desk in its lifetime.
MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz CD | 100 Gb HD | 2 Gb RAM | 10.4
iBook Clamshell | 466 Mhz | 60 Gb HD | 576 Mb RAM | 10.4

Mellon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2006, 11:17 PM

yeah i feel that your price is a bit high and if you really want to sell it you should research ebay and get a more accurate price.

mBurns  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
yeah i feel that your price is a bit high and if you really want to sell it you should research ebay and get a more accurate price.
Yeah, I've been looking on eBay. The prices on 366 and 466 iBook models have actually "spiked" lately. Plus, my machine has the original box, cds, etc which many don't come with. Thanks for the input though, that's why I'm accepting offers!

Also, I wanted to add that I'm located near Seattle so if someone is close they could come check it out.
( Last edited by mBurns; Nov 14, 2006 at 11:33 PM. )

ChasingApple
Senior User
Nov 14, 2006, 11:58 PM

The lime clamshells go for a much higher premium then a regular clamshell because of the rarity of them. So to a collector or just someone that wants a rare lime I see $500 being about the price to expect, it makes a good baseline. I would alter the $500 asking price for cosmetic condition, battery life, screen condition, and upgrades. mBurns is a clamshell freak like me, hell im posting this on MY clamshell, and the simple fact is that while my clamshell indigo is more upgraded then his lime is at the moment, his lime would fetch a higher price just cause it's lime.

Just a fact of life. Good luck burns, you probably won't get the price you want for the lime here, but on Ebay it is practically guarenteed. Just post lots of pics of everything, and make sure you point out the rarity of the lime.

Cheers.
iMac G4 / Macbook

mBurns  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2006, 12:22 AM

Thanks Chasing. I'd prefer to sell it on craigslist or MacNN through Paypal (yes, I'll pay fees) because I want to feel like both the buyer and seller are protected in some form. I hope someone has some interest in it or it will be off too eBay. Thanks for the support!

da2005pizimp
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2006, 03:44 AM

Just my 2 cents but i sold a beautiful lime 466mhz with a dvd rom it had all the software and a matching case (mac case) and it went for 400 and change. I personally think 500 is reaching for the stars. but good luck though i hope you sell it.

mBurns  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2006, 10:48 AM

Alright..

Again, that's what "offers" are for. Plus, if I'm not mistaken you rebuild your clamshells because I've seen photos of your work rooms. This is not rebuilt. It's all original. Anyways, thanks for your input.

Is anyone interested in a Key Lime? Remember, I'm accepting offers. Don't be afraid to give me an offer you think is low because if it's fair I'll accept it. Plus, if someone is interested in the machine and they PM me their phone number, I'd be glad to talk to them over the phone answering as many questions as possibly and working out a price!

mBurns  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2006, 09:47 PM

daily bump..

I'd really like to move this thing because I just received my new iBook!

mBurns  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2006, 06:33 PM

bump..

Make an offer! I won't be offended by the amount.

Forum Links
Forum Rules