Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > QueueSoft QueueSyncX?

QueueSoft QueueSyncX?
schwa
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2002, 11:23 AM

<Beta Entourage conduit for Palm>

Has anyone been brave enough to try this?

smeger
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2002, 01:23 PM

I'm waiting to see feedback, too
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

sra
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2002, 08:36 PM

Has anyone been brave enough to try this?
I tried it - - I set up the conduit to sync only calendar items and addressbook entries between Entourage X and my Handspring Prism. Unfortunately, when I do a HotSync, it crashes in the middle of trying to sync the addressbook with Entourage (and no syncing with the calendar appears to go on).

There may well be something I'm missing, but my impression is that this one isn't ready for prime time just yet. Too bad, but maybe it will improve quickly.

-- Steve Anderson

goMac
Posting Junkie
Feb 28, 2002, 02:00 PM

Works great here. Uber cool!

Visor Pro
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2002, 05:22 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the point? Microsoft will release its own Entourage conduit for Palm Desktop for X and it will be free. Why do we need to pay for one?

<Globalyst>
Mar 1, 2002, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by Adam Silver:
<STRONG>Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the point? Microsoft will release its own Entourage conduit for Palm Desktop for X and it will be free. Why do we need to pay for one?</STRONG>
So far Mickeysoft has no conduit for Entourage X....what the hell are they waiting for!!!!!

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2002, 06:23 PM

Probably waiting for Palm to release a final version of Palm Desktop for Mac OS X.

I wish they'd add support for Windows handhelds. Lack of Mac support for Pocket PC is one of the few things preventing me from switching. (I don't entirely trust third party syncing software.)

sra
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2002, 10:19 PM

Posted by goMac:

Works great here. Uber cool!

Visor Pro
Sorry, I've tried over and over, on two different machines (a 2x500mHz G4 and a Pismo), both running 10.1.3, both times with my Visor Prism in its USB cradle. In both cases, the QueueSync synchronization crashes, causing the rest of the HotSync to fail.

I guess I will have to wait for Micro$oft, alas.

-- Steve anderson

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Mar 5, 2002, 10:58 AM

I've gotten it to sync Memos and ToDos, but it crashes after a while of syncing appointments or addresses. Oh well.

Hooper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2002, 12:31 AM

I tried and it works fairly well. The address book synch does crash, but it seems to crash at the end, after transferring 815 contacts. The addressbook and notes worked.

And the best part is that it synched my mail! I was patiently waiting for Eudora to release their conduit which they never did. Now, I have my email on the palm as well. Before I wrote a simple AppleScript that transferred the messages to notes and then synched them -- it worked.

Forum Links
Forum Rules