Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > toyota matrix and sony viao commercial

toyota matrix and sony viao commercial
rickyirvine
Feb 27, 2002, 03:42 AM

what in the world is that sony viao laptop computer doing in that toyota matrix commercial? i hate it.

well.. PIAGGIO should make a commercial for their VESPA's with someone holding a powerbook or an ibook.
www.vespausa.com

i want one.
jesus loves you and jesus loves me too

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2002, 07:57 AM

The nerve of someone to buy a computer not from Apple.

Anyway, I think that the Matrix looks like something out of 1998 or 1999. Minimalism is cool now; the Matrix ain't minimal.

Now if only Apple would do a major update to the Power Mac case.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2002, 11:03 AM

I don't understand what those commercials are trying to do. It's like they are shouting out... "Look at this car, it's like nothing you have ever seen before... nothing!" Problem is, there are about 10 other models just like it. It's a compact stationwagon/hatchback, not anything original.

That guy on the phone could just yell out...

"Here comes the car, it's one of those stupid small stationwagons, only it looks all trendy now. Kind of like a Ford Focus or a million other cars. It's metallic green."

The guy would say OK, and shoot the guy. End of commercial. Same with that retarded robot commercial.

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: ort888 ]

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

The Ginger Rat
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2002, 11:58 AM

How about those strange Vibe commercials, with people essentially nodding their heads through the whole thing? The Vibe is the Pontiac version of the Matrix, I think.

Even the name "Vibe" doesn't cut it for me. Too close to "Vibrate".

davidflas
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2002, 12:06 PM

Originally posted by The Ginger Rat:
<STRONG>
Even the name "Vibe" doesn't cut it for me. Too close to "Vibrate".</STRONG>

Yeah, Vibe maybe close to vibrate, but in my opinion Ford's Probe has one the of worst car names ever. It reminds me of alien abductions, etc..........
2.7Ghz 15" Mid 2012 MBP 16GB RAM 7.2k 750GB HD anti-glare display|64GB iPad4 ATT LTE|

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2002, 04:24 AM

Originally posted by ort888:
<STRONG>I don't understand what those commercials are trying to do. It's like they are shouting out... "Look at this car, it's like nothing you have ever seen before... nothing!" Problem is, there are about 10 other models just like it. It's a compact stationwagon/hatchback, not anything original.</STRONG>
There are plenty of "compact stationwagon/hatchbacks" but not a single one will be confused with the Matrix. It has a unique design. It reminds me of the old iMac. Sure, it's a dated looking design, but it's a unique one.

The Ginger Rat
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 28, 2002, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by davidflas:
<STRONG>

Yeah, Vibe maybe close to vibrate, but in my opinion Ford's Probe has one the of worst car names ever. It reminds me of alien abductions, etc..........</STRONG>
True, true- or the ever-so-understated "You will experience a momentary discomfort"

wvx
Forum Regular
Feb 28, 2002, 11:45 AM

Ever get rear-ended by a probe... not a pretty site!

Forum Links
Forum Rules