Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Powerbook Desk Stands

FS: Powerbook Desk Stands
Ormnik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2004, 02:00 PM

Hi, I am selling custom made Powerbook desk stands. These are made from 6061 Aluminum and are made one at a time to insure that each is of the best quality. They are then clear anodized to protect their finish. High quality foot pads are embeded in the aluminum to grip onto your powerbook to keep it from sliding off. When your not using your external keyboard and mouse you can tuck it away under the Powerbook to save desk space. They come in three sizes, 12", 15", and 17". To see and order, please visit the link below.

http://www.eddyco.com/pb_stand_II/powerbook_II.html
Harmon Kardon Soundsticks / Elgato USB EyeTV
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz / 2Gb / 80 Gb / Superdrive / Mac OS 10.4.7 / 64Mb Video / Wireless Keyboard & Mouse / Harmon Kardon Soundsticks / 60Gb 5G video iPod / 8Gb 2G Nano --
1.83GHz Core Duo Mac Mini / 512Mb / 80Gb / Superdrive / Mac OS 10.4.7 / Wireless Keyboard & Mouse / 800W Pioneer 5.1 Sound System / InFocus IN72 DLP Projector / 500Gb External Drive

ll350
Nov 20, 2004, 01:30 AM

Your making these yourself? Wow, I admier your enterprenuerial (sic) spirit, I'll probably buy one just for that reason. I'll have to check my funds and get back to you, but I'm definately intrested.

--LL

storer
Mac Elite
Nov 20, 2004, 02:02 AM

They're great. i don't have a powerbook though, damn!

Ormnik  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2004, 06:10 AM

Originally posted by ll350:
Your making these yourself? Wow, I admier your enterprenuerial (sic) spirit, I'll probably buy one just for that reason. I'll have to check my funds and get back to you, but I'm definately intrested.

--LL
Just let me know. Thanks!
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz / 2Gb / 80 Gb / Superdrive / Mac OS 10.4.7 / 64Mb Video / Wireless Keyboard & Mouse / Harmon Kardon Soundsticks / 60Gb 5G video iPod / 8Gb 2G Nano --
1.83GHz Core Duo Mac Mini / 512Mb / 80Gb / Superdrive / Mac OS 10.4.7 / Wireless Keyboard & Mouse / 800W Pioneer 5.1 Sound System / InFocus IN72 DLP Projector / 500Gb External Drive

PlacidTubs
Forum Regular
Dec 2, 2004, 01:58 PM

wow they are incredible. you should also make them the size of iBooks and spray those ones white. if only i had a powerbook.

Ormnik  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2004, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by PlacidTubs:
wow they are incredible. you should also make them the size of iBooks and spray those ones white. if only i had a powerbook.
I am working on an iBook model. They have different dimensions than the powerbook line and their feet are in different locations. I will be introducing an iBook stand for the 12" and 14". I will post more info on this page and in the powerbook section when I am ready. I am going to have them powdercoated white. This may bring their price up a bit but I think I will find users who would want them. Thanks!

0s and 1s
Forum Regular
Dec 3, 2004, 02:36 AM

What's the height of the stand itself? They look great! I don't really need one, but I'd love to buy one to support your business if the height is right. Good luck.

Ormnik  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2004, 04:54 AM

Originally posted by 0s and 1s:
What's the height of the stand itself? They look great! I don't really need one, but I'd love to buy one to support your business if the height is right. Good luck.
The height at the arms is 3.25" in the front and 5.25" in the rear. I don't know off hand the angle it is sitting at but I can get that for you if needed. It is 10.5" deep overall and and about 15.8" wide and weighs 3.6 pounds. This is for the 17" model. Others may vary depending on powerbook size. Sorry I don't have more precise numbers, but my drawings are at work. I hope this helps. Thanks!

Jerman
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2004, 05:51 PM

Bump for man that thing rocks and I want one but I don't have enough cash!!! Do you plan on selling these for awhile? Thanks.

Ormnik  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 9, 2004, 04:14 AM

Originally posted by Jerman:
Bump for man that thing rocks and I want one but I don't have enough cash!!! Do you plan on selling these for awhile? Thanks.
Yes, these will be available for a while. Just let me know when you want one and we'll set you up. Thanks!

jpg71
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 9, 2004, 01:59 PM

Originally posted by Ormnik:
The height at the arms is 3.25" in the front and 5.25" in the rear. I don't know off hand the angle it is sitting at but I can get that for you if needed. It is 10.5" deep overall and and about 15.8" wide and weighs 3.6 pounds.
I knew trig would come in handy *some* day!!

tan (x) = (5.25-3.25)/10.5 or tan(x) = .19
atan(.19) = 10.76

If the math is right, the angle is 10.76 degrees

Of I could just be completely off my rocker here and need to start finding better things to do with my spare time...

In any event, very nice work. A bit on the expensive side for me though

aquilles10
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2004, 02:05 AM

Wow! I have to say that the stands look great! Very tempted....

Forum Links
Forum Rules