Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.4.2 Bugs

10.4.2 Bugs (Page 3)
analogika
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2005, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ray@SAT
Here's my bug list :
Highlighted buttons dont activate when return is pressed in finder windows. I must manualy click the button (with the mouse, of course)
If you're talking about dialogs, that has always been "space", not Return.

dsaoirse
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2005, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by OAW
Printing to an HP LaserJet printer on a Windows network is hosed after the update. I use IP Printing which worked fine before. Now I constantly get a "Network Host XX.XX.X.XX is busy; will try again in 30 seconds." Works fine when printing from my windows machine.
How I fixed this:

1) Downloaded an updated driver (Lexmark Optra M412 in my case).
2) Went to Printer Setup Utility and "Reset Printing System" (I have to rebuild FIVE printer settings now. Ugh)
3) When I rebuilt the printer setting, I had to change it to lpd (how retro!) in order to get it to actually work.

Hope this helps.

Ray@SAT
Jul 21, 2005, 07:37 AM

Safari stalls. When I call for a web page (any, many or only one), nothing seems to happen. There is no connection tu the page. The only way to fix is to quit safari and try again, quit, try, quit, try. And ta-da, it works.

Ray

Ray@SAT
Jul 21, 2005, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by analogika

Hum, not on my pb anyway. In dialogs when a button is highlighted (like 'save' or 'Yes' or 'No') return would click that button. Now, nothing happens.

Ray

lavar78
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2005, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by analogika
The spacebar is used to select checkboxes and such. Return selects the default option in a dialog or sheet. This works fine for me in 10.4.2.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Ray@SAT
Jul 21, 2005, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by lavar78
The spacebar is used to select checkboxes and such. Return selects the default option in a dialog or sheet. This works fine for me in 10.4.2.
Well, it doesn't work for me in 10.4.2. But I think is't a MS Office thing (figures !). After a manual click, the return works again in future dialogs.

Ray

Don Pickett
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2005, 02:03 PM

I've just noticed that the screensaver doesn't seem to be activating by itself.

edit: Just tracked down the problem: it was Windowshade X/APE. Disabling them fixed the problem.
( Last edited by Don Pickett; Jul 21, 2005 at 02:58 PM. )
The era of anthropomorphizing hardware is over.

selowitch
Mac Elite
Jul 21, 2005, 08:20 PM

Anybody notice icons disappearing/reappearing following a quit from an application? Very disconcerting and reminiscent of the bad ol' days before OS X. Yeech!

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2005, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Don Pickett
I've just noticed that the screensaver doesn't seem to be activating by itself.

edit: Just tracked down the problem: it was Windowshade X/APE. Disabling them fixed the problem.
That's weird because I use APE and WindowshadeX aswell. And my screensaver starts automatically - the last time I checked anyways.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

Appleman
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Markarian421
Second, this one is odd -- I have a Logitech MX510 mouse, with buttons at either end of the scroll wheel (buttons 7 and 8) which in os 10.3.? through 10.4.1 acted as scroll buttons. The up one still does, the down one now brings up an apple-tab like window of currently open apps. I can't decide if that's good or bad, but I wish it was under my control at least.
Hahaha, I tried what you say, just to find out that you push on the wrong button: the button on top of the mouse does what you describe, the Commans-tab replacement, the buttons next to the scrollwheel still do scrolling. I actually never use these three buttons btw.

Appleman
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2005, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
I think we all need to give up on that one.
Yeah, let all give up on bugs!

Lucky8
Forum Regular
Jul 29, 2005, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Russian Mac fan
if you use Saft -- your Safari will crash. Solution:

Drag Saft to, say, your desktop, and wait for an update -- Safari will work again
What is Saft?

EmmEff
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 29, 2005, 02:43 PM

Jerommeke
Mac Elite
Jul 29, 2005, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by wintermute1
As stated in the title, for some reason my Safari just stopped updating RSS feeds. I haven't changed any settings, and I only noticed because I have become very dependent on the feature. I have it set to update every half an hour, and it has not been doing so. If I go in and click on the link manually, however, it works fine.

Has anyone else had this problem?
I also have Safari not updating my RSS feeds at some occasions. I thought I might try to disable Safari Stand, but I haven't done that yet. Apart from that, there's a whole list, in summary:

- weather widgets dancing over the screen after restart/shutdown/logout
- screen dimming before sleep regardless of the setting in Energy Saver
- Airport not using the password supplied in Internet Connect on startup, prompts every startup
- zoom effect working shabby when much photos are selected in a slide show out of Spotlight
- Hp Deskjet 3820 giving a stopped printer queue after every new printer job, resulting in a half blank page for every print job
- (feature request) no possibility to give appointments a status any longer !!!!
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 20", 2 GB RAM, 400 GB, OS X 10.4.5, iPod with color screen 60 GB

Mars
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2005, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by dvdnet
My HD failed on me yesterday so replaced it today. Did a full fresh install last night and all software updates.

This morning, updated to 10.4.2 and all is fine. I enable bluetooth pairing with my Motorola e398, since the re-install, and it recognises the phone when pairing no problems. When using iSync to 'add device' it finds it but states "This device is not supported by iSync.

This was all working fine yesterday and not working now after 10.4.2.

Still investigating.

Cheers,
Steve
I have an issue with 10.4.2 as well. After installing the update, by Logitech Bluetooth headset no longer appears in the sound control panel. It pairs fine, it connects fine (according to the Bluetooth control panel) but it is not available for use in sound applications.
I did a clean install of Tiger on another drive and my headset worked fine. I updated to 10.4.1 and it still worked fine.
I updated to 10.4.2 and the problem returned.
Headset was still showing up in the control panel, but on selecting it, the spinning disk would appear and the System preferences application would hang.
I deleted the profile and re-paired the headset successfully.
However it no longer appeared in the sound control panel.
It seems to work fine sahring files with my pocket PC.

Has anyone else got this problem?

Mars.

richbayliss
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2005, 05:57 PM

Me too. exactly the same.

im reinstalled back to 10.4 original. and im ok.

i think i spyed errors with bluetooth hci in the dmesg tho. If a wizard/know-it-all wants to go digging, id suggest there.

Damn Apple. I hate reinstalling, which was the only way i could fix the 10.4.2 update.

Rich

Forum Links
Forum Rules