Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > security update screwed up my macbook pro

security update screwed up my macbook pro
Frugle
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 6, 2006, 02:08 PM

not really, but sort of.. it made everything go really really really slow.. like right now, I'm typing much faster than the words are showing up on the screen.. everything is going slow, I can no longer watch HD movies (i just watched an HD trailer last night without any little bit of lag, but now I can't watch it without loosing seconds)

this is compeletely rediculous.. how do you uninstall sucha crappy update?
15" MacBook Pro | 2.16GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 100GB 5400 rpm | 256MB X1600

Frugle  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 6, 2006, 02:10 PM

Sorry wrong forum, please move to software or wherever it goes..

None of these problems were here this morning before the update.. and they have all showed up after restarting after the update.
15" MacBook Pro | 2.16GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 100GB 5400 rpm | 256MB X1600

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 7, 2006, 12:07 PM

My 3-week-old MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz installed the update fine, but afterward, I couldn't open several key apps: MS Word, MS Entourage, Snapz Pro, Now Up-To-Date and TexEdit Plus. Nothing helped, repairing permissions, fsck -y, disk utility. I d/l'd 10.4.8 Combo Update, but it wouldn't work on my MBP, giving an error ("not compatible with this Mac" or something similar - and, yes, this was the "Intel" Combo Update). Since I need these apps, I finally had to do an "Archive and Install" with my MBP install DVD, and all the apps now work again. Since it took a full day of fixing, I'm unwilling to re-download/install this security update, hoping to see Apple make a new one. But they've uttered nary a word about problems with this update.

Anyone else have similar problems with Intel incompatibility with this security udpate?

Forum Links
Forum Rules