Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > Navigon - Disable Voice?

Navigon - Disable Voice?
Jemi9OD
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2009, 05:28 PM

Hello -

Didn't know where to ask the question so I figured I'd ask here. I've got the Navigon GPS software for my iPhone, and I love it. However, for shorter trips where I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going but would like the visual cue for guidance, it's frustrating that I cannot figure out how to make it NOT give voice directions.

These normally aren't a problem, but if I'm listening to music I want to hear on my iPhone, it gets interrupted quite often.

For example, within the space of just a couple minutes, I may hear all four of these prompts:

"In 1 mile, turn right on Guess Road."
"In point two miles, turn right on Guess Road."
"Now, turn right on Guess Road."
"Please follow the road for six miles."

It's even worse if there's a turn directly following the first - as it'll say "In 1 mile, turn right on Guess Road, then left on Hillandale Road."

If I'm in a place I'm unfamiliar with, these are welcome prompts - and in general, I like the voice very much. However, when I'm just tooling about town and using Navigon as a very basic reference, they can be distracting.

Has anybody found a way to disable voice prompts within Navigon? (I can't just unplug from my audio, since I *do* want to listen to the iPhone!)

Thanks

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2009, 05:46 PM

In options, just turn the voice volume down to zero.

Jemi9OD  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2009, 09:43 PM

The only downside to that is that it still does the fading of the music each time there's a (now-zero-volume) audio prompt.

Forum Links
Forum Rules