Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Is anyone. . .

Is anyone. . .
seventray
Dec 12, 2000, 10:49 AM

. . . going to get Sin Gold? I would like your thoughts. Thanks.

Chimpmaster
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2000, 10:54 AM

I bought sin for my pc around 2 years ago when it came out originally.
Its a good game. In fact a very good game and the multiplayer on it is fast and furious BUT

After seeing Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament, Star Trex Elite Force etc etc I think it will seem a little dated.

Perfect for slower machines though, and it is a good game, no questions about that. Id play it again.
MacBook Alu, 13", 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256MB video
G5 Imac, 17", 1.9Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB video, built in isight, airport and bluetooth
Indigo iBook, 366mhz; 320MB RAM; CD; FW; Airport

seventray  (op)
Dec 12, 2000, 11:36 AM

It seems to be a great game, even though it is based on the Quake 2 engine. I also think it is nice for those who want a FPS that can't run Quake III or UT the way they would like cause you definitely wouldn't have to worry about frames per second. I also think it looks to be like a Quake engine Deus Ex that will at least reach playable frame rates, unlike DX. Plus, it sounds like the mulitplayer is for everyone, even those on a modem, unlike Q3 or UT. I just don't see why everyone is not jumping on this game. I've really gotten interested in the game and will probably get it, but I just wanted to know if anyone else will get it so there would be an ample number of players to play against on GR.

seventray  (op)
Dec 12, 2000, 04:22 PM

You can get the Mac version for $20 at CompUSA and other stores.

seventray  (op)
Dec 13, 2000, 08:18 PM

Is no one else even interested that Sin Gold is here for the Mac?

DaveSaint
Dec 13, 2000, 08:34 PM

Nope.

Ruddigger
Senior User
Dec 14, 2000, 02:18 AM

Nah uh.

------------------
-Ruddigger
------------------
Have you had your
gigaflop today?
Proud owner of the Original Macintruck

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 14, 2000, 12:53 PM

I'm somewhat interested, i just don't have the time. I'm still playing UT online alot, have started Deus Ex, have started Total Annihilation but haven't been back to it for awhile.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

gorefan68
Banned
Dec 14, 2000, 02:36 PM

I'd have been interested 2 years ago....

Ca$h

seventray  (op)
Dec 14, 2000, 04:44 PM

I still can't understand why people aren't jumping all over this game. But, I remember a month or two before Deus Ex came out, few Mac gamers even knew about it, much less interested. I would tell them about it on various boards and they would say, "Do Who?" Why is it that most Mac gamers wait to buy a game until it is on top of the bandwagon. People are just buying DX? I got the game the day it was released from the publisher, beat it over 20 times, and have already sold it. And then there are those people who think that just because the game was released for the PC two years ago, that its not a new game for the Mac. Regardless of when and who it was released for, this game looks to be a great new game for the Mac. And people wonder why more games aren't ported to the Mac!?!?

[This message has been edited by seventray (edited 12-14-2000).]

Trevor Covert
Dec 14, 2000, 05:57 PM

Personally I think that Mac gamers should give SiN a better look than they currently seem to be giving it. It offers more pure shoot-em-up action than you'll get in any more recent game, and you won't have to fight for good framerates like you do with Q3 or UT-engine games.

seventray  (op)
Dec 15, 2000, 10:50 AM

Anyone interested in taking a look at Sin Gold, there will be a demo release chat on GameRanger tomorrow (8 p.m. EST). The demo will be released and you will have the opportunity to chat with and play against the developers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules