Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Finder Menu Bar Modifications

Finder Menu Bar Modifications
Sethro
Forum Regular
Jun 23, 2007, 01:15 PM

I'm aware of some programs like ShapeShifter and Menu Shade that modify the menu bar on the top, but the FInder bar on the top of my screen is irritating me, are there any permanent hex edits or system modifications that can change the menu colour from the bright white to something slightly darker and easier on the eyes?

I spend alot of time in front of my computer and any recommendation that would help reduce eye strain would be greatly appreciated. I find myself using the Ctrl+Option+8 feature but pictures look terrible.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 23, 2007, 01:16 PM

You will like the update to Leopard in October.

If you need a solution before that, I would suggest the "GUI Customization" forum.

zro
Mac Elite
Jun 23, 2007, 03:03 PM

What's a "Finder bar?"

Anything that alters the menu bar background will be system wide. I've never used anything like ShapeShifter, though.

Sethro  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 23, 2007, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by zro View Post
What's a "Finder bar?"

Anything that alters the menu bar background will be system wide. I've never used anything like ShapeShifter, though.
Sorry, what I meant was the white bar that runs across the top of the screen with such options like Finder - File - Edit etc.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jun 23, 2007, 09:27 PM

i've been using shapeshifter since 10.2, and never an issue (i also use fruitmenu, and mightymouse).

maybe check out the gui forum; there are subtle shapeshifter themes that might do what you want...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Ace of Spades
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 23, 2007, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sethro View Post
Sorry, what I meant was the white bar that runs across the top of the screen with such options like Finder - File - Edit etc.
it's called the menu bar
you should check out shapeshifter and find a theme that works better for you, thats the only thing i can think of

Forum Links
Forum Rules