Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Internal speakers - very low volume

Internal speakers - very low volume
bouda
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2010, 05:01 PM

I had another issue with the mac mini and opened it to fix. Now, the internal speaker is not working correctly. If I play iTunes all I hear is a muffled noise, however when I turn the volume way down on both iTunes and the mini, the muffling is gone, but the volume is way too low to listen to anything. I double checked all the wires inside the mini and everything seems to be connected. External computer speakers work fine when plugged in. I tried an SMC reset as well as opening garage band. I also updated to 10.6.2 recently and can't recall if the internal speaker was working fine after this...

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

bouda  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2010, 08:45 AM

bump

bouda  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2010, 10:55 AM

I tried connecting another mac mini internal speaker today..and still just muffled noise!!! So frustrating. Any other ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules