Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > feedback please, and css help

feedback please, and css help
MrsLarry
Senior User
Aug 25, 2008, 02:47 PM

www.jessileedesign.com

ok...

on my screen (1920x1200) this looks perfect. The top bar is on top, the bottom bar is at the bottom of the browser window, and the graphic and text is centered in the white area (below the header bar with logo, etc.)

BUT - if you resize the window to be taller, i'd like the center graphic (about me{} etc.) to be centered vertically. In that same respect, On the portfolio page, where the {} needs to be taller to accommodate the thumbnails i'd like either the center section to scroll OR the page to just be taller, but in efforts i've made to do that, the bottom bar won't stay at the bottom, it'll float somewhere in the middle

ALSO - if you resize it to be smaller, the bottom bar overlaps the main copy, and it won't scroll.

suggestions? please, only constructive criticism. Thx!

Things I know I need to fix:
- .pngs (with transparency) don't look right on IE6, i have a javascript for that

forumhound
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2008, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by MrsLarry View Post
www.jessileedesign.com

ok...

on my screen (1920x1200) this looks perfect. The top bar is on top, the bottom bar is at the bottom of the browser window, and the graphic and text is centered in the white area (below the header bar with logo, etc.)

BUT - if you resize the window to be taller, i'd like the center graphic (about me{} etc.) to be centered vertically. In that same respect, On the portfolio page, where the {} needs to be taller to accommodate the thumbnails i'd like either the center section to scroll OR the page to just be taller, but in efforts i've made to do that, the bottom bar won't stay at the bottom, it'll float somewhere in the middle

ALSO - if you resize it to be smaller, the bottom bar overlaps the main copy, and it won't scroll.

suggestions? please, only constructive criticism. Thx!

Things I know I need to fix:
- .pngs (with transparency) don't look right on IE6, i have a javascript for that
Hi mrs larry. try changing the footer DIV from absolute positioning to relative. i did not have time to download ur images and whatnot to test, but by making that simple change i think it fixes the overlap problem. so that fixes at least the second half of ur problem. ps. nice site, looks refreshing. the only suggestion i would have is to style the free text that is now black and serifed. the blue u used for the a link on the contacts page looks nice. cheers!
coocoo

Dead MBP 2.2 4gig / New Aluminum iMacs / "Old" iPhones / 1st Gen Ipod Shuffle

Forum Links
Forum Rules