Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > [ANN] iLinguist West - Great Multilingual English Dictionary for iPhone

[ANN] iLinguist West - Great Multilingual English Dictionary for iPhone
jt_
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2012, 11:21 AM

Hi, checkout the iLinguist app - great multilingual English dictionary for iPhone.

iLinguist West translator is an off-line dictionary which translates between English and one of 5 other languages: German, French, Italian, Dutch and Finnish. The translator works off-line so no internet connection is required - no costs for roaming data when abroad and using your dictionary. The dictionary contains 531 000 word pairs in total (193 000 EN-DE, 103 000 EN-FR, 77 000 EN-IT, 45 500 EN-NL, 112 500 EN-FI), performs reverse translations, and additional searches on Wikipedia or Google (for this feature internet connection is required).

Please, visit the accompanying web site: Multilingual English Dictrionary for iPhone
iTunes link: App Store - iLinguist West

AvisNocturna
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2012, 05:29 AM

Looks good! Congrats!

HealthBuffMe
Jul 21, 2012, 09:14 PM

Wow, that app is just amazing! I wanna learn basic French as future plans of going to Canada (and meeting my girl's family, whew!) are at bay. Best of all this could be used offline so I don't have to search for a wifi spot/internet connection when I have to look for French words. I am planning to gain more vocabs first before constructing sentences. This is helpful. Thank you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules