Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > PC-RADEON8500 Flashing successe!

PC-RADEON8500 Flashing successe! (Page 11)
johhhn
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2002, 04:20 AM

if it only occurs with those two drivers then install the July update if you don't have 10.2.1 or reintsall 10.2.1 if you have the Oct. update in..

Originally posted by Rabid Duck:
I'm having a similar problem to a few others on this board. My flashed radeon 8500 thinks there's a second monitor attached. The solution I've seen proposed is to unplug the S-video cable, as tv-out acts as a 2nd monitor.

However, I do not have the video cable attached, nor is a DVI monitor plugged in. The *only* cord plugged into the card is the one from my monitor into the VGA port, and yet my comp acts as if there's a second monitor.

This problem occurs with both really old ATI drivers (pre-April) and the October ATI drivers. My card is an OEM 8500 (not LE) running at 275/250. Any suggestions?

Rabid Duck
Oct 22, 2002, 05:30 AM

Originally posted by johhhn:
if it only occurs with those two drivers then install the July update if you don't have 10.2.1 or reintsall 10.2.1 if you have the Oct. update in..

Happens with July drivers too, both in OS 9.2.2 and OS 10.2.1

dfiler
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2002, 08:21 AM

I'm having a similar problem to a few others on this board. My flashed radeon 8500 thinks there's a second monitor attached. The solution I've seen proposed is to unplug the S-video cable, as tv-out acts as a 2nd monitor.

However, I do not have the video cable attached, nor is a DVI monitor plugged in. The *only* cord plugged into the card is the one from my monitor into the VGA port, and yet my comp acts as if there's a second monitor.

This problem occurs with both really old ATI drivers (pre-April) and the October ATI drivers. My card is an OEM 8500 (not LE) running at 275/250. Any suggestions?
Hmmm. Unfortunately, this could be hardware or software related and resolving the issue will probably require a painful number of reboots. Monitors are only undetected during the boot process.

Lets try to diagnose this:

Which two ports does the radeon think are active? This can be determined with the ATI displays utility. Or, the displays system menu should indicate whether the extra monitor is on the svideo or dvi port. If the extra monitor is output through the dvi port, you might find that a dvi -> vga converter to be a 10 dollar work-around.

Have you ever used the TV-out? Some pure speculation here... perhaps the s-video output has two leads forming a circuit that is closed by an inserted s-video plug. Maybe this is defective and was fritzed by previous plugging and un-plugging. Its probably worth getting an s-video cord and jiggling it around prior to a reboot to see if its a mechanical connection problem. (assuming the extra monitor is via the tv-out)

Rabid Duck
Oct 22, 2002, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by dfiler:

Which two ports does the radeon think are active? This can be determined with the ATI displays utility. Or, the displays system menu should indicate whether the extra monitor is on the svideo or dvi port. If the extra monitor is output through the dvi port, you might find that a dvi -> vga converter to be a 10 dollar work-around.
Hmm, my main monitor is labeled "S/T 77E/76E". I have no idea what this means. The phantom monitor, curiously enough, is labeled "VGA Display", which doesn't make a whole lot of sense since my real monitor is hooked up to the VGA (analog) port.

Have you ever used the TV-out? Some pure speculation here... perhaps the s-video output has two leads forming a circuit that is closed by an inserted s-video plug. Maybe this is defective and was fritzed by previous plugging and un-plugging. Its probably worth getting an s-video cord and jiggling it around prior to a reboot to see if its a mechanical connection problem. (assuming the extra monitor is via the tv-out)
I haven't plugged anything in any of the ports besides the VGA port. I just got this card and flashed it yesterday. I'll try hooking up an S-video device later today to see if a signal is present. Thanks for the suggestions.

Argh! Frustrating!

Sophus
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2002, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by ReggieX:
check this:

Trust me, It's 100% Jaguar's fault.
10.1.5 and 9 were perfect in all regards, and I'm at the slowest setting, 230/230 like I always have been.
I reverted the drivers back and all QE silliness like transparent terminals over DVD playback are working fine. It's a wake from deep sleep problem.
I believe this wake from sleep issue can be fixed by copying in the ATI ROM extender in to the system. The Extender is also installed by the october update from ATI as far as I know.

Sophus

dfiler
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2002, 12:47 PM

Hmm, my main monitor is labeled "S/T 77E/76E". I have no idea what this means. The phantom monitor, curiously enough, is labeled "VGA Display", which doesn't make a whole lot of sense since my real monitor is hooked up to the VGA (analog) port.
This means that the radeon thinks a monitor is plugged into the DVI port. (but not the TV-out) Was your monitor plugged in during your last reboot?

Perhaps you can use the DVI port instead of the VGA port. This would solve the problem unless the VGA port is also permanently on. My adapter was only $6(us).

The only other work-around I can think of is to re-flash the card and/or reinstall your system.

Sarc
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2002, 04:12 PM

hey johhhn,
could you please extract (if you have the time that is) the Mac Radeon 8500 ROM ?

So we might try to reflash dr. george's card with the PC method ... that is usually more reliable.

Thanks
Sarc
:: frankenstein / lcd-less TiBook / 1GHz / radeon 9000 64MB / 1GB RAM / w/ext. 250GB fw drive / noname usb bluetooth dongle / d-link usb 2.0 pcmcia card / X.5.8
:: unibody macbook pro / 2.4 Ghz C2D / 6GB RAM / dell 2407wfp - X.6.3

jasonxz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2002, 04:48 AM

I've been experiencing the phantom monitor syndrome; System Display Prefs and ATI Displays say there are two VGA monitors. (Oddly, the phantom monitor can only be set to a resolution of 800x600)

I'm curious if it is related to how I flashed it - I ran the ATI updater while my monitor was unplugged. Perhaps it was the wrong updater, since there are several for different clock speeds; however, I'm unsure which clock speed my card uses.

dfiler
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2002, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by jasonxz:
I've been experiencing the phantom monitor syndrome; System Display Prefs and ATI Displays say there are two VGA monitors. (Oddly, the phantom monitor can only be set to a resolution of 800x600)
800x600 is the max resolution supported by the scan converter (tv-out-converter) in the radeon 8500. This means that your card thinks a TV was plugged in during your last boot.

Rabid Duck
Oct 23, 2002, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by dfiler:

800x600 is the max resolution supported by the scan converter (tv-out-converter) in the radeon 8500. This means that your card thinks a TV was plugged in during your last boot.
I don't know about that. I can only select 800x600 for the ghost monitor in OS X, but in OS 9, a full range of options is available.

Just to clarify, I flashed my card by putting ATI Firmware Restore in my startup items in OS 9, unplugged monitor, restarted, waited until I heard the system sound I put in Startup Items (named zzzz), shut down, plugged in monitor, started up w/shift key down, replaced ATI Firmware Restore with ATI Firmware Update (250/275 speed), unplugged monitor, restarted, waited for sound, shut down, plugged in monitor, started up w/ shift key down.

Apple System Profiler shows my ROM # to be113-85710-126.

dfiler
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 23, 2002, 11:50 AM

I don't know about that. I can only select 800x600 for the ghost monitor in OS X, but in OS 9, a full range of options is available.

Just to clarify, I flashed my card by putting ATI Firmware Restore in my startup items in OS 9, unplugged monitor, restarted, waited until I heard the system sound I put in Startup Items (named zzzz), shut down, plugged in monitor, started up w/shift key down, replaced ATI Firmware Restore with ATI Firmware Update (250/275 speed), unplugged monitor, restarted, waited for sound, shut down, plugged in monitor, started up w/ shift key down.

Oops. I guess its not neccessarily TV-out related. Its just that 800x600 is normally an indication of this.

What do you mean by system sound?

If I recall correctly, startup items aren't run until after extensions are loaded. This means that you need to wait for the entire boot process to finish plus the time for the updater to run.

jasonxz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2002, 02:16 PM

I have the same ROM version, and have the same phantom monitor prob.

Can anyone who has sucessfully flashed a PC Radeon 8500 without the phantom monitor prob please post their ROM version?

reader50
Administrator
Oct 23, 2002, 04:02 PM

My ROM version for my flashed 8500 is reported as 113-85710-126 ... but, that is what the update utility sets it to show. Perhaps the restore utility as well.

Rabid Duck
Oct 23, 2002, 04:50 PM

Just a short update-- I set up and ran a macro in OS 9 to open ATI Displays, switch to the profile tab and take a screenshot. When I start up with my monitor plugged in the VGA port, the screenshot shows two windows, the one on my real monitor labeled "S/T 77E/76E" and the one on the phantom monitor labeled "VGA Display", both with a display buffer size of 32 MB.

When I ran the macro after starting up with nothing plugged in the card, the resulting screenshot showed only the latter window, the phantom monitor one, this time with a display buffer size of 64 MB. So I'm thinking that for some reason the DVI port is automatically enabled whether or not a monitor is actually attached. I just ordered a cheap DVI>VGA adapter from newegg.com, so I'll soon know if this is a solution.

dfiler
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2002, 08:14 AM

When I ran the macro after starting up with nothing plugged in the card, the resulting screenshot showed only the latter window, the phantom monitor one, this time with a display buffer size of 64 MB. So I'm thinking that for some reason the DVI port is automatically enabled whether or not a monitor is actually attached. I just ordered a cheap DVI>VGA adapter from newegg.com, so I'll soon know if this is a solution.
I have the same adapter. It even matches the Mac industrial design (translucent+colorless)

The adapter is currently plugged into the card even though I'm only using the card's normal VGA out. Conveniently, this doesn't enable the DVI output so the adapter is left there for storage.

Has anyone noticed any differences whatsoever between using the VGA output and the DVI-adapted-to-VGA output?

Rabid Duck
Oct 25, 2002, 08:18 PM

The nightmare continues...

It turns out that my card has a DVI-D port, rather than the DVI-I port the company claimed it did. Basically this means that I can't use a DVI-VGA adapter. I guess now I'll have to call up and try to get 'em to take the card back. (Of course I won't tell them, "oh, by the way, I flashed it so it's useless on a PC.") I got the card from Avon's link http://www.AlvaroGil.com/~alvaro/misc/Radeon8500/ and according to him it worked fine. Maybe they sent me the wrong model? We'll see...

jasonxz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 26, 2002, 03:01 AM

I, too, have the DVI-D port, so this card is going back. http://store.yahoo.com/pcmemory-stores/ apparently does not sell a good Radeon 8500 for flashing. I think I'll try a NewEgg card since people seem to have had luck with it.

EDIT: Don't buy from this store!!! Bad experience.
( Last edited by jasonxz; Dec 9, 2002 at 02:22 PM. )

dlindsay17
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2002, 08:57 PM

So who's applied the updated 10-2002 update? Does it fix everything it says it does? I'm looking for a report from someone with a flashed 8500 NewEgg card :-)

dfiler
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2002, 09:05 PM

The newegg card works fine with the october update.

It didn't make a noticable difference on my dual 450. However, I wasn't experiencing any problems before the update.

Avon
Senior User
Oct 29, 2002, 10:29 PM

I got the card from Avon's link http://www.AlvaroGil.com/~alvaro/misc/Radeon8500/ and according to him it worked fine. Maybe they sent me the wrong model? We'll see... [/B][/QUOTE]

Its stange really. There is just no consistancy in even the ATI cards. They all use diffrent ram and have diffrent ports. I bought two cards from the same link and they where diffrent. The pages that sell these cards are useless, they all have bad info.

Id try the ATI Retail package though, Im willing to bet they are all the same and have a DVD-I port...

Correct me if this is wrong but I belive that the LE cards with a DVI and a VGA port use the DVD-D port. I use a digital display so its no problem for me, but if you use the VGA connector you get a ghost 800X600 display.

The card i have does have 3.3ns ram, and I am really happy that it runs at ove 300/300 stable....

Il try the new update and see if it fixes the ghost display problem....

Avon
Senior User
Oct 30, 2002, 12:44 AM

Il try the new update and see if it fixes the ghost display problem.... [/B]
Nope. Still same ghost monitor...

Sorry for ever recomending this card, I was not aware of this problem....

pdot
Senior User
Oct 30, 2002, 12:23 PM

Originally posted by dlindsay17:
So who's applied the updated 10-2002 update? Does it fix everything it says it does? I'm looking for a report from someone with a flashed 8500 NewEgg card :-)
My card actually works a bit better when playing DVDs. Less green pixels and the occassional upper left triangle thing I get is gone. It only showed up when there were quick flashes like in an explosion scene, but it disappeared after the update. I hope the latest update doesn't bring it back.
Current: XPC SB81P, 3GHz P4, 1GB RAM; Compaq Presario V2410US, Turion 64 ML-30, 512MB RAM
Previous: Sawtooth G4/400 448MB RAM
ATI Radeon 8500 64MB - flashed variant
OS X 10.3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399 37510
Future: 13" Widescreen Powerbook, Core Duo Intel

kvonk0
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2002, 01:14 AM

Need help.

I NEED to flash my card back to the original PC Rom. How do I do this? Where are the necessary files?

jasonxz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2002, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by kvonk0:
Need help.

I NEED to flash my card back to the original PC Rom. How do I do this? Where are the necessary files?
Did you flash it with the Mac flash updater or by the PC flashing method? Oddly, when I returned my PC Radeon 8500 (flashed on the Mac) to the vendor, they said it worked in the PC, so perhaps the Mac flasher doesn't overwrite the PC info. Just a guess, of course, but you could try putting it in your PC and see if it works.

kvonk0
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2002, 08:23 PM

No, I have tried several times to start the computer with the flashed card. I flashed it on a mac, using the "put file in startup items folder" method. I really need to know how to flash it back to PC.

pdot
Senior User
Nov 2, 2002, 12:34 PM

Current: XPC SB81P, 3GHz P4, 1GB RAM; Compaq Presario V2410US, Turion 64 ML-30, 512MB RAM

kvonk0
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2002, 05:15 PM

Ahh, that page seems to only be for people who have a Radeon 8500 that can start in windows, and want to change core clock settings. I need to know how to go from a MAC flashed ROM to a PC ROM.

Someone out there HAS to have done it and been successful....

Help.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2002, 05:11 PM

Could someone please put a detailed explanation on how to flash a Radeon 8500 to Mac using only a PC?

Thanks.

HoofHearted
Forum Regular
Nov 7, 2002, 09:42 AM

back again.

I've got an 8500 275/275 card that refuses to be flashed with any of the Mac flashers. With a bunch of kit like spare PC's and PCI graphics cards, I can flash the card in DOS with a Mac ".rom" (for want of a better description) file.

All I'm missing is the mac 8500 ".rom" file. Can anyone help me?

Please?

craiginealing AT hotmail.com

milhouse
Senior User
Nov 10, 2002, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by HoofHearted:
back again.

I've got an 8500 275/275 card that refuses to be flashed with any of the Mac flashers. With a bunch of kit like spare PC's and PCI graphics cards, I can flash the card in DOS with a Mac ".rom" (for want of a better description) file.

All I'm missing is the mac 8500 ".rom" file. Can anyone help me?

Please?

craiginealing AT hotmail.com
Read the entire thread, a link to the Mac ROM was posted earlier.

"-Dodge This"

HoofHearted
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2002, 06:47 AM

Originally posted by milhouse:

Read the entire thread, a link to the Mac ROM was posted earlier.

Darn, you had me excited for a moment. I've been through the thread twice and haven't found a link to a download of the Mac ROM. Forgive me if I'm wrong but you might be thinking of links to the Flasher apps from ATI (and the tweaked 230/230 one going around). They do flash the ROM with a Mac ROM, but only if they recognise the card - which is my problem.

I'm looking for the ROM of a Mac 8500, extracted on a PC, that way I can use a DOS flasher app to save the ROM onto my PC 8500. There are plenty of DOS/Win flasher apps and PC .ROM files out there, but not a single Mac .ROM I can find. There used to be one on the xlr8yourmac boards on an idisk, but the user is no longer a .Mac subscriber.

looks like this card might forever be a PC card at this rate...

jasonxz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2002, 01:39 PM

EDIT: site originally posted here is gone now. sorry.
( Last edited by jasonxz; Dec 9, 2002 at 02:24 PM. )

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2002, 06:09 PM

Swell. Even with the new drivers, my display goes randomly corrupt out of nowwhere. Sleeping, waiting 10 seconds, then waking it up fixes it. Damn, it's annoying. The whole screen looks like this:

I just can't win with Jaguar, it seems.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 13, 2002, 02:21 PM

Does anyone still have the EARLIER October ATI drivers? I have the ones from the 29th, but deleted the ones from earlier in the month. I'd like to check those against the new ones again.
Any help would be appreciated.

_Reg

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2002, 04:39 PM

Does anyone still have the EARLIER October ATI drivers? I have the ones from the 29th, but deleted the ones from earlier in the month. I'd like to check those against the new ones again.
Any help would be appreciated.

_Reg
I have the 10-17-02 drivers. Only problem is that I don't have an iTools account to transfer them to you on. Email me and I'm sure we can figure something out.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2002, 06:33 PM

Thanks anyway, agasthya. At this point it appears to be hardware, since I can get the same results running an OpenGL game in OS9.
I went out and got a memory cooling kit for the card to see if that helps any. When I got the display corruption, I touched the memory chips and they were getting insanely hot even though they're right beside the case fan.
I'll see if it helps any. Argh. Even though my card is a 230/230 (printed right on the label) I have to run it at 250 memory/230 core otherwise it'll get display corruption immediately upon booting.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2002, 02:50 AM

Hooray, my favourite topic!

I have a feeling my card is totally screwed. I redownloaded the 230 flasher from Coffeehaus, and it turns out that that actually sets the memory to 275, which is too damn high for an LE card like
mine.

Even with heat sinks on every memory chip, running Jaguar will result in a corrupt display (like above) as will running the OpenGL game Antack 1.1 in either OS9 or OSX.

So much for trying to beat the system.

jasonxz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2002, 12:35 PM

So much for trying to beat the system.
I feel the same way; after trying unsucessfully to flash two Radeon 8500 cards (one from Enet Marketing, the other from NewEgg), I have decided to pay for the way-overpriced Mac version, as much as that pains me.

Someone should investigate why Mac video cards are so much more than the PC equivalent. We don't experience this discrepancy in any other area. Software applications seem to require much more effort and time to port to Mac than a driver and sell in lower quantites in the Mac market than in the Windows market; however, software apps are almost always the same price on Mac or Windows, unlike video cards.

pdot
Senior User
Nov 22, 2002, 12:04 PM

I feel the same way; after trying unsucessfully to flash two Radeon 8500 cards (one from Enet Marketing, the other from NewEgg), I have decided to pay for the way-overpriced Mac version, as much as that pains me.

Someone should investigate why Mac video cards are so much more than the PC equivalent. We don't experience this discrepancy in any other area. Software applications seem to require much more effort and time to port to Mac than a driver and sell in lower quantites in the Mac market than in the Windows market; however, software apps are almost always the same price on Mac or Windows, unlike video cards.
It is strange that the NewEgg card did not work for you seeing how there were so many reported successes. Did you purchase the same one as everyone else and used the originally mentioned flasher/ROM? There was a rumor that there's a difference.

As for the price discrepancy, ATI knows that Mac users will buy the cards at those prices b/c we have a lack of options. There are no "powered by ATI" alternatives except from Apple (but only when you buy a new system).

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2002, 09:42 PM

I must be a fool or one not easily discouraged, since I tracked down a 275MHz card at my local PC shop (last one they had left). RESTORED it, the flashed it to 255 based on reader50's post about his card (same models). So far, so good after 1 hour in Jaguar, played UT for 20 minutes in 9 with no problems. Getting green specks in DVD playback in both 9 and X, which sucks but doesn't bother me too much considering that my real DVD player and stereo are about 4 feet away.

I decided to play it safe and transfer the heat sinks over the new card even though it's underclocked at this point. I figure I'll leave it at 255/255 for the rest of the year, see how things go. If worse comes to worst, I'll ask for a real Mac card for Christmas.

sirius096
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2002, 05:17 AM

Would flashing work on an ATi Radeon 8500 64MB DDR TV DVI AGP?

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2002, 01:45 PM

Post a link to the model you're thinking about and we can tell you. That describes my exact card, but from what I can tell it's the OEM cards that can be flashed.

IE. If it says "Built by ATI" don't bother, but if it says "Powered by ATI" (indicating and OEM or third-party manufacturer) you should be OK.

This is a link to the second card I bought: Second card in the list , where it says "Powered By ATI Manufactured by Sapphire" means it's an OEM card.

Anyone else want to chime in?

sirius096
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2002, 01:33 AM

Here's an eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=2073827105
There is only a small pic of the box, but it says powered by ATi (EDIT: I think it does anyway, not too sure, someone wanna check it out for me? so I assume A-Tek is the third party manufacturer. (A-Tek ATI Radeon 8500 64MB DDR TV Out + DVI AGP Video Card)
If I find some more links, I'll post em.
-Siri
( Last edited by sirius096; Nov 25, 2002 at 02:06 AM. )

passmaster16
Senior User
Nov 25, 2002, 02:10 AM

Originally posted by sirius096:
Here's an eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=2073827105
There is only a small pic of the box, but it says powered by ATi (EDIT: I think it does anyway, not too sure, someone wanna check it out for me? so I assume A-Tek is the third party manufacturer. (A-Tek ATI Radeon 8500 64MB DDR TV Out + DVI AGP Video Card)
If I find some more links, I'll post em.
-Siri
Yeah that's definately a third party card . Companies like A-tek and Sapphire Tech use Ati chips on their cards.

sirius096
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2002, 02:23 AM

Ok, thanks. I'll buy it and check it out...
I use Jaguar 10.2.2 and I see some people having problems with flashing the card...is this common for jaguar or just in a few cases?

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2002, 11:59 AM

You have to boot into OS9 to flash the card, there's absolutely no way around that. Not Classic, OS9.

I had been having trouble with my first card in Jaguar, but the newer one I bought is great. Following reader50's advice, it's actually underclocked, running at 255/255 instead of 275/275 that the card is rated for.

Let us know when you get it.

Avon
Senior User
Nov 25, 2002, 11:33 PM

I feel the same way; after trying unsucessfully to flash two Radeon 8500 cards
Why don't you give the Retail ATI card a try firts. As far as I can tell its the exact same thing as the mac card. Its around 120 bucks.

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 26, 2002, 12:09 AM

Just got my "new" G4 tower today, now it needs a new video card.

What radeon 8500s have no problems, no artifacts, etc.?
I'd want one that runs faster, but I can't have any quality issues.
Which card should I be going for?
Also, I want one of the faster radeons.
Thanks.
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 26, 2002, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by Scotttheking:
What radeon 8500s have no problems, no artifacts, etc.?
I'd want one that runs faster, but I can't have any quality issues.
Which card should I be going for?
Also, I want one of the faster radeons.
Thanks.
Don't you mods talk to each other?
The faster NewEgg one I linked to above, 275MHz Sapphire model. Don't bother with the slower LE version, you might as well spend a couple extra bucks to be on the safe side. Mine's at 255/255 at the moment, with only some green artifacts in DVD playback which doesn't concern me. reader50 said that his same one was almost perfect at 250/250.

I think my LE would have been OK had the Update flasher that I used actually been 230/230 instead of 275/230. I think the memory got fried or something.

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 26, 2002, 01:45 AM

Don't you mods talk to each other?
The faster NewEgg one I linked to above, 275MHz Sapphire model. Don't bother with the slower LE version, you might as well spend a couple extra bucks to be on the safe side. Mine's at 255/255 at the moment, with only some green artifacts in DVD playback which doesn't concern me. reader50 said that his same one was almost perfect at 250/250.

I think my LE would have been OK had the Update flasher that I used actually been 230/230 instead of 275/230. I think the memory got fried or something.
Yes, we do
well, reader50 and I do at least.

Can someone post a nice howto, along with all links for everything?
I'll add it at the beginning for people (and myself)
Thanks
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Forum Links
Forum Rules