Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > frozen blue screen

frozen blue screen
gary42556
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 24, 2006, 11:02 PM

O k here we go.. We recently bought a new imac G5. Here is the problem. imac rebooted and is now stuck on a blue screen. So I tried a few things which did not work. I tried re-installing os X. And now the thing is stuck on insert disk 2. I reboot but it goes right back to insert disk 2 to continue. The reinstall seems to go to heck right after iweb script. I am familiar with holding down command s at boot to get to the command screen but where to go from there? I do not know... PLEASE HELP

-frustrated new apple user

msuper69
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2006, 11:20 PM

I would make sure the hard drive you're attempting the install to isn't messed up. Try running Disk Utility, Repair Disk. You can access DU from the Installer Menu.

gary42556  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2006, 12:31 PM

thx msuper, tried that. I should add that we brought it in to the "genius" center and they fixed the problem once before by typing some commands at the command prompt (holding the commands keys while starting up) but I do not know what they typed..and I do not feel like lugging the thing down there again lol

kick52
Baninated
Jul 25, 2006, 04:13 PM

at the prompt tr repairing your HD by typing "fsck -y -f" until it says there is no damage. then type "exit"

Forum Links
Forum Rules