Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Finale 2000 and Quicktime MIDI in OS X

Finale 2000 and Quicktime MIDI in OS X
UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2002, 01:20 PM

I'm using Finale in OS X Classic and when I try to use Quicktime MIDI, the playback gets messed up. Those of you that have used it probably know what I'm talking about. Any fixes available? Is this a systemic thing with MIDI under Classic?
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

llee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2002, 01:29 PM

If anybody tells you you can run midi in classic, the general response should be "Fat chance."

Originally posted by UNTiMac:
I'm using Finale in OS X Classic and when I try to use Quicktime MIDI, the playback gets messed up. Those of you that have used it probably know what I'm talking about. Any fixes available? Is this a systemic thing with MIDI under Classic?

UNTeMac  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2002, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by llee:
If anybody tells you you can run midi in classic, the general response should be "Fat chance."

Helpful replies only please.
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

llee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2002, 02:43 AM

I'm trying to be helpful by keeping you from wasting time. Making midi work in classic is almost sure to get harder, not easier. Consider the fact that much needed updates are being released regularly to handle serious problems in the new system, and that the release of such updates cannot possibly meet the condition of preserving solutions to problems like yours, so that when you do jump through hoops and get your particular configuration to work, you're caught in the middle using an obsolete version of the new system just because it's the only one that won't break your setup. Classic and OS X were both built to do the same jobs when it comes to low level processes like midi, and by forcing them to work together, you're creating a third environment which is even newer and more on the bleeding edge than either OS.

Forum Links
Forum Rules