Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > How do you get that progress bar into the QuartzDisplay file

How do you get that progress bar into the QuartzDisplay file
llee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 13, 2003, 10:28 PM

I'm hoping to get some information about how that file is organized from some of you expert themers who have figured it out.

I believe that the closest corresponding resource id from extras.rsrc is 2820. I also believe that I've determined the starting and ending offsets of the affected part of the file.

Can you tell me how many data ranges of color table data and bitmap data the startup progress data portion consists of, and image sizes involved? Could you be persuaded to furnish me with the offset specifications for whatever range(s) of image data are involved?

Perhaps you would be interested in my Bootimage Pal applet for quickly converting bootimages between tiff file and data components:

http://lonestar.utsa.edu/llee/apples...timagepal.html

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

llee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2003, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by llee:
I'm hoping to get some information about how that file is organized from some of you expert themers who have figured it out.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Well, I guess I learn more when I answer my own questions.

Anyway, here's an answer.

The chunk of data you want to replace in the QuartzDisplay file is a selection of 4800 h in length starting at 37F0.

To bring it into Photoshop, use these settings in the raw import dialog.

Width - 128
Height - 36
Channel count 4
Interleaved - yes

Happy Theming!

smeger
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2003, 11:03 PM

Just out of curiousity, how did you figure this out?
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Dace
Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2003, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by smeger:
Just out of curiousity, how did you figure this out?
Desktopper.net is how I figured it out

llee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2003, 02:53 AM

Let's just say I got to be good friends with Resorcerer today.

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Jan 15, 2003, 04:37 AM

Sorry I did not reply to your email, but you seem to have figured it out all by yourself. I simply followed desktopper.net's instructions, like Dace suggested you should.

llee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2003, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by bOOzo:
Sorry I did not reply to your email, but you seem to have figured it out all by yourself. I simply followed desktopper.net's instructions, like Dace suggested you should.
Thanks. I will confess that my success with Babelfish translation to English at Desktopper.net is less than optimal. I would be interested to know, however, exactly where or how you found that information at Desktopper.net.

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Jan 15, 2003, 01:05 PM

Well, this is the vital stuff from the babel fish translation:
"The 128*36px of header 0 (the 4ch) with, it is supplied over the $4800 byte of $37f0 - $c7"0, (size fixing). It meaning that the fact
that it extracts is the Fill.raw, we want referring, (it is redundancy, but when you open that way, being to be the CMYK, converting to
the RGB+Alpha by way of multichannel)
It is the height 36px, but
Upper 20px amount with the background, is the part where lower 16px amount shows progress.

One more the 8*20px of header 0 (the 4ch) with is the $280 byte of $3570 - $37f0. This part is used in both side part of the
progress indicator, being divided at side half. Furthermore because as for this as for equivalent of 2 px from inside it catches to the
background, those where it is really drawn 2px amount outside, in other words are just the shadow part.
Being the layer to do to divide with the Indicator.psd, we want referring details."

So that's two images you need to change, one is tha fill and the other is the caps. Hope that helps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules