Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Vodafone UK warns iPhone 4S owners about iOS 6.1

Vodafone UK warns iPhone 4S owners about iOS 6.1
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Feb 8, 2013, 04:57 PM

Carrier Vodafone UK is warning iPhone 4S owners against upgrading to iOS 6.1, accounts say. "If you've not already downloaded iOS 6.1 for your iPhone 4s [sic], please hold off for the next version while Apple fixes 3G performance issues. Thanks," reads a text message being sent out to subscribers. Vodafone hasn't gone into any more detail on performance problems.

The next version of iOS is 6.1.1, which entered public beta this week. The focus of the update is the Japanese version of Maps, but Apple may be able to include minor tweaks for other regions. It's unknown if any other carriers are being affected by 3G bugs.

Arne_Saknussemm
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2013, 06:48 PM

Users have to be ever more cautious

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2013, 07:39 PM

Yes, because Android updates never have these sorts of problems. Oh wait, did I say never? I meant constantly. The Android forums are full of such complaints: Issue 35481 - android - [4.1.1] Reduced battery life - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

But hey, to be fair to Android -- you're likely to encounter fewer instances of an update having a bug in them because you're only going to ever be allowed maybe ONE major update (if you're lucky) by your provider unless you bought a Nexus device. So with only one upgrade allowed, you're much less likely than an iPhone owner to ever experience an upgrade bug! WINNING!!
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

gradient
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2013, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Yes, because Android updates never have these sorts of problems. Oh wait, did I say never? I meant constantly. The Android forums are full of such complaints: Issue 35481 - android - [4.1.1] Reduced battery life - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

But hey, to be fair to Android -- you're likely to encounter fewer instances of an update having a bug in them because you're only going to ever be allowed maybe ONE major update (if you're lucky) by your provider unless you bought a Nexus device. So with only one upgrade allowed, you're much less likely than an iPhone owner to ever experience an upgrade bug! WINNING!!
Did I miss where someone mentioned Android?

wrenchy
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2013, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by gradient View Post
Yes exactly. Just another immature, defensive, insecure Apple fanboi defending the mothership.

wrenchy
Forum Regular
Feb 8, 2013, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
You obviously have never heard of, or used a Nexus phone.

Are you trying to play dumb or are you really that ignorant?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2013, 10:43 PM

So you're saying Arne's obvious troll wasn't obvious to you, because you don't pay attention to posting history.

That's okay.

gradient
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2013, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
So you're saying Arne's obvious troll wasn't obvious to you, because you don't pay attention to posting history.

That's okay.
Wow, and here I thought you were one of the regulars around here that was reasonable and even thoughtful with their posts. Why the hell you are jumping on me and essentially calling me stupid, I don't know.

My post was in response to Chas_m's posting history of constantly attacking newer members for any number of reasons and just generally being a bully around here. Sure, some of them are trolls but many of them aren't and even if they are his tone is often completely uncalled for. He's only gotten worse since MacNN Staff was removed from his handle.

Lo and behold, all I did was manage to attract another bully. Bravo.

I seriously hate the Internet sometimes.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 9, 2013, 01:25 AM

Wow, and here I thought you were one of the regulars around here that was reasonable and even thoughtful with their posts. Why the hell you are jumping on me and essentially calling me stupid, I don't know.
I'm pretty sure I didn't call you stupid.

But Arne and wrenchy are the resident news-comment Android astroturfers.

I'm pretty sure that stating so isn't really offensive to anyone, and certainly shouldn't be to you.

I was actually half-joking. I occasionally respond to stuff without taking into account who posted it, falling for a troll or a joke.

blahblahbber
Banned
Feb 11, 2013, 02:10 AM

chas_m is a shill for crApple. Remember that!!

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 11, 2013, 05:22 AM

Well, at least we know that YOU aren't a shill FOR anyone in particular, just AGAINST.

HPeet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2013, 01:43 PM

• None of the comments posted here so far have anything to do with what has been reported.
• No one posting is making any kind of contribution towards resolving what appears to be a problem for some iPhone users with regard to the iOS 6.1 update for the 4S, 3G and battery drain issues.

I respectfully suggest that if you cannot make a suggestion towards figuring out how to improve or solve the apparent issue that some users are experiencing, you STFU! Otherwise, you are just crippling the fantastic resource that MacNN is trying to provide.

Sorry, I just had to vent.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 11, 2013, 02:13 PM

This is the Tech News comments section, not the community support forum section.

I suggest you shift over to the appropriate forum: iPod, iPhone & iPad - MacNN Forums

As many of the regulars at this forum want nothing to do with the endless news posts and trolls that comment them, and thus never see this section at all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules