Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > slow loading control strip

slow loading control strip
rebel
Oct 23, 2000, 02:17 PM

I've had my ibook for about a month now and I noticed it seems to take longer and longer for the control strip along the bottom to load. I haven't changed anything on the system that I know of. Any ideas why it might be loading so slow?
thanks

tmophoto
Oct 23, 2000, 07:20 PM

if the ibook is stalling on startup until the control strip loads you can try this:

delete the Servers folder in the System Folder and restart and rebuild your desktop.

delete the invisible file 'AppleShare PDS' and restart...

deleted the AppleShare Prep file (go Sherlock or look in prefs)

try the last one first and see if that works. This same problem happens to me with my powerbook 2000, it can sometimes take 3+ min to start up.

-thomas

chrogers
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2000, 12:58 PM

I had a similar problem with my brand spankin' new Pismo PB. I called Apple Tech. They said go to Apple Menu/Control Panels/Startup Disk and make sure your Macintosh HD icon is selected. In my case, it came from the factory with Network Disk (NOT Macintosh HD) selected. The startup delay was cause by the mac looking to hookup to the (non-existent) Network..

[This message has been edited by chrogers (edited 10-24-2000).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules