Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Where to purchase Network Assistant

Where to purchase Network Assistant
tmikkelsen
Forum Regular
Jun 7, 2001, 05:12 PM

I taken a look at Apple's Network Assistant and now I'm trying to find out about pricing. The Apple Store doesn't seem to have it. Can anyone point me to a online reseller? Also anyone know if Apple is planning on releasing it for OS X Server? Would it be free to people who have already bought it do you think?

Thanks
Thomas
--
49,000 Units and counting...

blog.noetech.com

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2001, 09:30 PM

Hi Thomas,
The only way to currently get it is through the purchase of one of the appleshare server products. I think the cheapest option is to purchase the AppleShare Upgrade for 10 users, which includes ANAT. Are you an educational user? If so, you can purchase it at the store for education.... I believe they have a version for X in the works (at least they should.....)
regards,
dave

tmikkelsen  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 7, 2001, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by ddiokno:
<STRONG>Hi Thomas,
The only way to currently get it is through the purchase of one of the appleshare server products. I think the cheapest option is to purchase the AppleShare Upgrade for 10 users, which includes ANAT. Are you an educational user? If so, you can purchase it at the store for education.... I believe they have a version for X in the works (at least they should.....)
regards,
dave</STRONG>
Thanks. I am an educational user. The person be fore me purchased AppleShareIP 6.0, never used it thought. It didn't come on the disk we have. Would it be a separate disk that may have gotten lost here?

thanks
Thomas
--
49,000 Units and counting...

blog.noetech.com

ddiokno
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2001, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by tmikkelsen:
<STRONG>

Thanks. I am an educational user. The person be fore me purchased AppleShareIP 6.0, never used it thought. It didn't come on the disk we have. Would it be a separate disk that may have gotten lost here?

thanks</STRONG>
Hi Thomas,
I believe it was a separate disk (which was included in the package). I have the 6.3 version, and it was definitely a separate disk in this release. The educational upgrade price is $199.
good luck,
dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules