Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Faxing and the internet

Faxing and the internet
tkmd
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 17, 2003, 06:40 PM

I need to do some faxing tommorrow but the question I have is there any software that can fax without using a modem? I dont have a telephone line - only a cable internet connection.
I would like to avoid Mailboxes- that woulod charge me 30 cent/page!

will coccofax work over the internet?
Pismo 400 | Powerbook 1.5 GHz | MacPro 2.66/6GB/7300GT

cpac
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2003, 06:43 PM

I don't think you can do this purely with software - Cocoaefax will not let you do this over the internet.

There are various services out there that will fax files you send them for a fee, but I"m not sure they'll be any cheaper than Mailboxes.

All you'd need is a phone line though, and you could fax for the cost of the call (can't borrow a neighbor's or something?)
cpac

Anomalous
Mac Elite
Mar 18, 2003, 06:29 PM

I was in the same situation a while ago, with a cable modem and no phone line. I tried online fax services like www.efax.com and several others, but I had very limited success with them. You might be better off just going to a place where you can pay to use a fax machine (I think maybe Kinko's has this?).

Hey cpac, you're almost Addicted to MacNN. Cool!

Forum Links
Forum Rules