Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Stuffit Standard 7.01 won't work! help!

Stuffit Standard 7.01 won't work! help!
Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2003, 11:07 AM

Every time I try to load Stuffit - any one of them - nothing works. When I download a file, it will unstuff, but that's all the app will let me do. I tried redownloading it, but it's the same. Is it the prefs? I so want to contribute to resexcellence but I can't!
Anyone have help?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Richard Clark
Senior User
Mar 18, 2003, 03:14 PM

One of my co-workers had a similiar problem. Dropstuff will open for a couple seconds but will shut down without an error. The workstation is a G3/266 Beige running Mac OS 9.2.2

I deleted the preferences, and stuffit extensions, then re-installed but it did not help. Stuffit Expander worked fine but the Dropstuff, Droptar and Dropzip did not work. Had to revert back to Dropstuff 6.01. Couldn't find 6.5 anywhere.

I know this doesn't help you. But at least you know you're not alone with this problem.

"Tough Little Ship" - Riker
"LITTLE?" - Worf after having the Defiant salvaged by the Enterprise (First Contact)

Stuphalina  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2003, 04:45 PM

Wow! A reply! Thanks! It?s okay. I did just what you did and it was all fine for me, but thanks for the input!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Forum Links
Forum Rules