Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Tiger Won't Remember My Dock Items...

Tiger Won't Remember My Dock Items...
inkhead
Senior User
Feb 2, 2006, 04:05 AM

No matter what I do, tiger always seems to loose applications I add into my dock when I restart. [BI've tried everything.][/B] Somethings it remembers from when I added them 2 months ago, I've tried even right clicking on items and selecting "keep in dock", dragging items in and such. But when I restart they are always gone.

I've done everything from Repair permissions (billions of times), to trying to delete preferences. Please help I'm outta ideas.

cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2006, 09:57 AM

Very odd. did it always seem to do this? Or just start recently? Do you have any odd 3rd party software running? Maybe try techTool or something similar?

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Feb 3, 2006, 10:20 AM

Try trashing com.apple.dock.plist inside ~/Library/Preferences. And then rebuild your dock from scratch.

inkhead  (op)
Senior User
Feb 5, 2006, 07:23 PM

I'll try rebuilding from scratch, it's only been recently. And I have plenty of disk space, and the disk drives are fine per several utilities including Apple's

Forum Links
Forum Rules