Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Using iPodRip - Corrupt iPod?

Using iPodRip - Corrupt iPod?
drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Nov 22, 2007, 05:12 PM

I used my 1st gen. iPod Nano as a means to backup my music (instead of having to rip most of my CDs again), and I planned on using iPodRip as it has worked nicely for me in the past.

So after a fresh Tiger install, and all updates done, when I go to use iPodRip, it says that my iPod is corrupted and it cannot retrieve my music. I can connect, delete/add, and use my iPod with no problems whatsoever. It is only with iPodRip that it says it's corrupted. It's not a huge issue as my music is still on the iPod and it works fine when plugged in, but it bothers me I can't transfer it back onto my Mac again.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any idea what I should do? How can you copy files from Terminal?
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

Smillz
Nov 22, 2007, 05:15 PM

I would try another program to see if you get the same error

Senuti - Download

or

KennettNet - Music Rescue

Forum Links
Forum Rules