Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Yosemite, the colored buttons upper left question

Yosemite, the colored buttons upper left question
jeff k
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2014, 12:58 PM

In Firefox, I click the expand upper left button, the widow takes over the whole screen, fine, cool.

But the buttons disappear and the escape does not bring the screen back to normal view.

Hope that was clear, any ideas? thanks.

P
Oct 27, 2014, 02:06 PM

I haven't moved to Yosemite yet, but it changed the zoom button to act as full screen. I think that that's what you mean. To return from that, move your mouse pointer to the top of the screen to show the menubar, and you'll see the window buttons again. Press the green button one more time to return to the regular multi-window mode.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

jeff k  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2014, 02:13 PM

Ok P, thanks, that worked. Not as easy as escape which does not work for Firefox. Escape does work for Mail though. But does not work for contacts...

Forum Links
Forum Rules