Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet? (Page 20)
Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 02:46 PM

I ordered my MacBook Pro 1.67/1GB of RAM on Feb. 12, 2006 and still have not received any e-mail confirmation on when it will ship although the apple order status page continues to mock me by stating the estimated ship date is March 14, 2006 with an estimated delivery date of March 21, 2006.

I'm hoping that like many that have posted here I will be pleasantly surprised to receive my MBP a few days to a week earlier than the website leads me to initially believe.

The anticipation is killing me. This will be the first Mac I've owned and I'm ecstatic about moving away from the PC.

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2006, 03:05 PM

How are you guys getting an "Estimated delivery date" for product that have not shipped yet? Is this only for American customers? My order page only lists shipping date.
--
Aristotle
15" rMBP 2.7 Ghz ,16GB, 768GB SSD, 64GB iPhone 5 S⃣ 128GB iPad Air LTE

arfung
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 03:09 PM

Like Finrock, I'm still waiting for my MBP. I ordered a CTO (1.83/2gig Ram/120gig HD) from the education store through my university on 1/14. Original ship date was 2/14. Then, after they upgraded the processor to 2gHz, ship date slipped to 2/28. On 2/28, I got a not that the ship date slipped to 3/8. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if the shipping date has slipped once again...

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 7, 2006, 03:18 PM

I have never had an estimated delivery date, im not sure why either... Im not too concerned. I have an estimated ship date of the 16th and I am just patiently waiting until then. If it ships soon, great.

Poogy
Mar 7, 2006, 03:42 PM

Estimated ship dates might be for the US only. When ordering, the different shipping options include an estimated delivery time--1-3 days, 3-5 days, etc. The estimated delivery date is just the estimated ship date plus that number.

The_Man
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 03:42 PM

In case anyone is looking for one in the Boston/RI area, I just got mine from CompUSA in North Attleboro MA. I had ordered it from CDW but they were not scheduled to get any in stock for shipping until 3/15. I called CompUSA for the h*** of it last Friday (3/3) and they told me they had two 2.0ghz models in stock. I couldn't believe it but I ran down there and got mine.

s1lentslayer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 04:03 PM

I wish Apple prioritized individual customers before retail outlets

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2006, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mr49er
I ordered my MacBook Pro 1.67/1GB of RAM on Feb. 12, 2006 and still have not received any e-mail confirmation on when it will ship although the apple order status page continues to mock me by stating the estimated ship date is March 14, 2006 with an estimated delivery date of March 21, 2006.

I'm hoping that like many that have posted here I will be pleasantly surprised to receive my MBP a few days to a week earlier than the website leads me to initially believe.

The anticipation is killing me. This will be the first Mac I've owned and I'm ecstatic about moving away from the PC.
Yeah I hear you. I wake up every day thinking “ooh, maybe I got a shipment notification today”. It’s been torture ever since this other user, who pulled the same stunt as me, got theirs.

Originally Posted by Karim
I cancelled my keynote 1.83 (2.0) on the morning of Feb 14th and replaced it with a new 2.16. Got the call from Apple that it would be middle of March for it to arrive.... Have been using it since it arrived last Tuesday the 21st. It is very fast (replaced a 1.67 17") and has no issues and no bad pixels.
I wish Apple would just ship it already and leave some portion of my sanity intact
MacBook Pro: 2.16ghz, 2GB, 100GB@7200RPM

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by aristotles
How are you guys getting an "Estimated delivery date" for product that have not shipped yet? Is this only for American customers? My order page only lists shipping date.
I am getting my estimated ship and delivery dates by going to:

http://www.apple.com/orderstaus then logging in or entering my order number.

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by aristotles
Sorry . . . mistype:

http://www.apple.com/orderstatus

I am in the US and I'm not sure how the ordering process takes place outside of the US so this may not work for you.

dec
Mar 7, 2006, 05:05 PM

Just to let you know about my 2.0 ghz model i got today.
It was fairly well charged when i got it so i used it till it went low.
I then charged it right back up and on then unplugged it. Battery times showed as 4 hours 10 minutes. I'm now doign the calibration that it mentions in the manual. I had it on power supply for 2 hours so now im using it till it dies and then i'll leave it off for the night.

Oh and im sooo happy the apple remote works with presenter
I've no bad words about the machine at all so far. Good luck to those still waiting.
Jan 25th seems so long ago now.

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rumz
Yeah I hear you. I wake up every day thinking “ooh, maybe I got a shipment notification today”. It’s been torture ever since this other user, who pulled the same stunt as me, got theirs.

I wish Apple would just ship it already and leave some portion of my sanity intact
This forum has helped me to understand that I'm not the only obsessive shipment status tracker and to some extent has helped me to be more patient, but like you my sanity is getting very thin : - )

dec
Mar 7, 2006, 05:07 PM

mine only ever gave a shipping date aswell, i never saw an estimated delivery date.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2006, 05:21 PM

This forum has helped me to understand that I'm not the only obsessive shipment status tracker and to some extent has helped me to be more patient, but like you my sanity is getting very thin : - )
i wish i could be that sane
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 05:23 PM

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 05:27 PM

As you can see from my accidental double post, not only is my sanity fleeting, but so is my ability to operate a PC. Luckily I will not have to deal with my PC laptop much longer.

There you have it folks, Mac's foster a healthier way of life. For those Mac haters (as I used to be), please don't read too much into this. It's only a joke.

ttime4four
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 07:39 PM

I put my name on the "list" at my local Apple store last Thurs night and before noon on Friday I got the call.

I'm a very happy camper.
Thanks,
~John (Mac newbie)

http://www.pbase.com/ttime4four

15" MBP 1.83 / 2GB Ram / 80 GB HD / 250GB FW HD / 20"Cinema Display
Self Built P4 3.0 HT WinXP PC 1GB Ram / 120GB HD
XBox 360
All Cat5 Networked

hemant
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2006, 08:02 PM

Same here, my order through the university computer store was taking for ever so I put my name down at the apple store last weekend I got a call today morning. Now I'm posting this from my MacBook Pro
( Last edited by hemant; Mar 8, 2006 at 12:47 PM. )

bennychuang
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by ttime4four
I put my name on the "list" at my local Apple store last Thurs night and before noon on Friday I got the call.

I'm a very happy camper.
I was thinking the same, but the stores don't have 2.16G

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 7, 2006, 09:52 PM

So here's my story:

I ordered my MBP on the 21st of Feb. I swear the method of payment I used was w/ the AX credit card. But anyways, up until this point I didn't realize my method of payment when I checked up on my order said "wire transfer" wasn't the same as my AX. So I called Apple's customer service.

I was told to compose an email to the handler of my case and he would change my method of payment to the AX. I was also told I would not lose my place in the order que. I really don't trust words until it really happens.

That explains why this WHOLE time from 21st of Feb. that my order status still said "3-4 weeks" and no shipping/shipped date. So if this sounds like you, I suggest you call Apple and get it sorted out.

BroadwayTJ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2006, 10:26 AM

Obsessive shipment status tracker person number ... ? Judging by the tracking done so far posted below when would anyone think that I might recieve my MBP? I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. It would be so great if it got here today instead of tomorrow.

http://www.fedex.com/us/

Mar 6, 2006 8:25 PM - Left Origin - Picked Up
SHANGHAI CN

Mar 7, 2006 1:57 PM - Departed FedEx Location
ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 8, 2006 2:29 AM - Departed FedEx location
INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Original Order Date: Feb 8, 2006 at 03:20 PM PST
Ship Date: Mar 9, 2006 Delivery Date: Mar 16, 2006
Ship Date Changed to: Mar 6, 2006 Delivery: Mar 9, 2006

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2006, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by hemant
Same here, my order through the university computer store was taking for ever so I put my name down at the computer store last weekend I got a call today morning. Now I'm posting this from my MacBook Pro
What do you mean you put your "name down at the computer store last weekend"? You mean your local Apple Store? If so did you already have an order pending shipment? If so, this sounds like a grand idea. Picking up my order from my local Apple store in SLC as opposed to waiting another 7-10 days for the shipment to possibly take place.

Let me know the details . . . :-)

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 8, 2006, 11:36 AM

I am trying to be patient...!!! Lets see... March 8 today, that leaves another 8 days until my estimated ship date.

I recall that some orders were going out as early as 9 days before their estimated ship date so I am within that window now... this is the hardest part!

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by AppleCello
I am trying to be patient...!!! Lets see... March 8 today, that leaves another 8 days until my estimated ship date.

I recall that some orders were going out as early as 9 days before their estimated ship date so I am within that window now... this is the hardest part!
I don't know. I think knowing that your MBP has been shipped, but sitting lonely in AK or Memphis is the hardest part. Wishing you could just pick it up. That's just me and my order is not yet to that point.

hemant
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2006, 12:52 PM

What do you mean you put your "name down at the computer store last weekend"? You mean your local Apple Store? If so did you already have an order pending shipment? If so, this sounds like a grand idea. Picking up my order from my local Apple store in SLC as opposed to waiting another 7-10 days for the shipment to possibly take place.

Let me know the details . . . :-)
Yep I ment my local apple store. And it was not my order that I picked. They just have a list of people who want the new MacBooks and when they get a few in stock they call them. Its easier than placing an order online and waiting for it to ship. That reminds me I have to cancel the oder I placed with the university computer store.

s1lentslayer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2006, 12:59 PM

At least if it's shipped you know where it is. My parts are still being mined out of a cave in asia for all I know

BroadwayTJ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2006, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by BroadwayTJ
Obsessive shipment status tracker person number ... ? Judging by the tracking done so far posted below when would anyone think that I might recieve my MBP? I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. It would be so great if it got here today instead of tomorrow.

http://www.fedex.com/us/

Mar 6, 2006 8:25 PM - Left Origin - Picked Up
SHANGHAI CN

Mar 7, 2006 1:57 PM - Departed FedEx Location
ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 8, 2006 2:29 AM - Departed FedEx location
INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Original Order Date: Feb 8, 2006 at 03:20 PM PST
Ship Date: Mar 9, 2006 Delivery Date: Mar 16, 2006
Ship Date Changed to: Mar 6, 2006 Delivery: Mar 9, 2006
FedEx Site Update

Mar 8, 2006 9:18am - Arrived at FedEx Location
MEMPHIS, TN

I guess there's no hope of it arriving in Las Vegas today. Argghh. One Day More ala Les Miserables.

BroadwayTJ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2006, 03:35 PM

I called the automated number for Fedex. It said that i would recieve the package by 10:30am tomorrow, Thursday March 9th. Happy happy. Joy joy.

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 8, 2006, 06:58 PM

Ah damn, such BS. So i finally had my method of payment changed but all Apple basically did was make a new order starting today still having a 3-4 week wait time. I'm going to bug them to ship it earlier since i lost my spot, this is lame.

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 8, 2006, 07:50 PM

This blows. My MBP 1.83Ghz (stock) has not shipped yet. I ordered on the 13th of February with an estimated shipping date of March 14th but I had hoped it would ship by today so that I could get it at the office by Friday.

It sucks because I'm going to be on a business trip to a field office for two weeks only coming back for the weekends.
--
Aristotle

patricr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2006, 08:18 PM

Received mine today after shipping from China on Monday. (3 days- dateline make it 2 days?)
1. Whine? did it for first 20 minutes, then went away- perhaps Spotlight working to index drive?
2. Tilt angle- about 1/2 inch less (at top edge) than AL PB 15 inch. Doesn't bother me that it tilts less, I was wary of tilting my older PB that much anyway.
3. Screen WAY brighter than old PB
4.Wider trackpad- nice!

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2006, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by patricr
Received mine today after shipping from China on Monday. (3 days- dateline make it 2 days?)
1. Whine? did it for first 20 minutes, then went away- perhaps Spotlight working to index drive?
2. Tilt angle- about 1/2 inch less (at top edge) than AL PB 15 inch. Doesn't bother me that it tilts less, I was wary of tilting my older PB that much anyway.
3. Screen WAY brighter than old PB
4.Wider trackpad- nice!
Shipped Monday? So what was your original order date, estimated ship date, etc?

I guess I would be happy if mine shipped Friday or Saturday... but somehow I can't get my hopes up.

What time of morning are these shipment notifications coming in?

n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 8, 2006, 10:19 PM

Though the rep said my ship date would be reinstated, I didn't believe her and took it upon myself to make the call.

Called Apple, spoke w/ a very nice gentlemen about my situation and he told me they would ship mines out a week early w/ standard overnight to keep me happy. But he also mentioned something about me having to pick it up from Sacramento (from San Francisco 1.5 hr drive one way) if I wanted it early, so I told him, "Hell yes!." lol. Maybe Sacramento is having some large shipment for government purposes? I dunno lol. In any case, looks like I have to wait an additional week to what I already had to wait, sigh, guess better than waiting even longer.

patricr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2006, 10:40 PM

Shipped Monday? So what was your original order date, estimated ship date, etc?

I guess I would be happy if mine shipped Friday or Saturday... but somehow I can't get my hopes up.

What time of morning are these shipment notifications coming in?

Ordered Feb 9th. Ordered a 1.67, bumped up to a 1.83 by Apple. Also ordered modem, included inside box. RAM 2 x 512- 1 GB. Ordered from Educational store.

hmp
Mar 9, 2006, 01:56 AM

Ordered Feb 9th. Ordered a 1.67, bumped up to a 1.83 by Apple. Also ordered modem, included inside box. RAM 2 x 512- 1 GB. Ordered from Educational store.
My ship date is March 8th (today), and it hasn't been pushed back on the order status page yet.

Could this be a sign that the educational orders are finally shipping? I hope so!

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006, 03:05 AM

I think mine is about to ship but it does not look like it is shipping in time for me to receive it at work before my business trip.

I take it that an change in available credit is an indication that they are about to ship.
--
Aristotle

Finrock
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2006, 08:02 AM

hmp: The lovely delayed shipment notifications that I've received, twice now, from Apple always seem to come around 5am EST. Did you get one or did yours actually ship?

Has ANYONE received any EDU MacBook orders yet?
Two atoms were talking one day. One atom said to the other "you know, I think I've lost some electrons." The other atom said "are you sure?" The atom said "yeah, I'm positive." www.thisoldpodcast.com

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2006, 09:58 AM

Finrock-- if you read about 3 posts up, patricr's order that shipped Monday was an EDU order. That is, ordered through the education Apple Store online, not through a school. Is this what you're asking about?

Poogy
Mar 9, 2006, 10:29 AM

Question: does Apple ever shorten the projected ship date?

I've been compulsively checking my order status, and the ship date has listed as March 27 since I ordered. Posts on this thread lead me to think it could ship as early as the 20th. My question is, will my first clue be the "shipped" notification? Or will Apple ever revise the estimated ship date downward?

I know that if they miss the ship date, they will revise it to a later date.

AppleCello
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 9, 2006, 10:53 AM

First clue will be that your available credit on your credit card will go down by the amount of the purchase sometime right before it ships. If you are paying by credit card, log in to your card's online account and check that.

Finrock
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2006, 11:29 AM

Yeah, thanks Rumz. I must have glanced right over that. Thats good to know. I'm still semi-disappoined, though. Its been almost two months since my order was placed. It is par for the course, though. I remember waiting what seemed to be an eternity for my iMac G5 to ship. The difference in that case was the fact that it shipped when Apple said it would. It wasn't pushed back twice.

Oh well. Thanks for posting, everyone!
Two atoms were talking one day. One atom said to the other "you know, I think I've lost some electrons." The other atom said "are you sure?" The atom said "yeah, I'm positive." www.thisoldpodcast.com

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2006, 11:41 AM

I ordered the same config (Ordered a 1.67, bumped up to a 1.83 by Apple/RAM 2 x 512- 1 GB), although no modem (blah) on Feb. 14th from an Apple Store in Phoenix (although shipping to SLC) and have not received a word from Apple about the status of it via e-mail. I'm just praying that the order status page stays the same or gets better and it ships on or before its posted March 14 and is delivereed long before the estimated delivery date of March 21. From the looks of things in this forum, Apple is really getting things out quickly from CHINA to AK and from AK to final destinations. That's very good news!!!

hmp
Mar 9, 2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Finrock
hmp: The lovely delayed shipment notifications that I've received, twice now, from Apple always seem to come around 5am EST. Did you get one or did yours actually ship?

Has ANYONE received any EDU MacBook orders yet?
Ohhhh well I spoke too soon - my shipping date has been pushed back to the 20th, which is almost 2 months after I ordered the MBP.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2006, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by n8236
Called Apple, spoke w/ a very nice gentlemen about my situation and he told me they would ship mines out a week early w/ standard overnight to keep me happy. But he also mentioned something about me having to pick it up from Sacramento (from San Francisco 1.5 hr drive one way) if I wanted it early, so I told him, "Hell yes!." lol. Maybe Sacramento is having some large shipment for government purposes? I dunno lol. In any case, looks like I have to wait an additional week to what I already had to wait, sigh, guess better than waiting even longer.
Sacramento has one of Apple's main distribution nodes/warehouses. One of my friends was a general manager there, he's the only reason I was able to afford a PowerBook 1.67 on a student budget. 20% off after all discounts (employee + holiday + government). Be nice if he still worked there, I wouldn't mind getting another "pro" laptop for $1600 again.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

aristotles
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by AppleCello
First clue will be that your available credit on your credit card will go down by the amount of the purchase sometime right before it ships. If you are paying by credit card, log in to your card's online account and check that.
Yup. I got a notification that my CC was approaching within 500 dollars of the limit. I'm online CC status has not changed yet but my MBP has shipped. I was picked up at 8:12PM March 9th Shanghai time which was after the cut off. It does not look like I will be getting my MBP before I leave on my trip to the mainland.

I'm hoping that someone will be able to bring it to the field office next week.

I ordered on February 13th at around 9PM PST.

It looks like they changed the Apple Store pages to say that they will ship between 2-3 weeks. I guess they are catching up.
--
Aristotle

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2006, 02:31 PM

So is it just the 1.83's that are getting bumped back? I don't think EDU ordering has anything to do with it, unless I'm mistaken.

gperks
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 9, 2006, 02:51 PM

I'm waiting for a 1.8...

Amazon still says the 1.8s are still unavailable, but has changed the 2.0 page to read "ships in 1 to 2 weeks".

alienfairy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2006, 03:06 PM

Just wanted to let you know that the Apple Store in London had posted a big sign at the entrance today reading 'MacBook Pro available' , so they seem to have some in stock ...

s1lentslayer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2006, 03:57 PM

I'm still waiting on my 1.83 education purchase but it's not scheduled to ship until March 22. I ordered it on Feb. 22 with an upgrade to 1gig ram.

Mr49er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by alienfairy
Just wanted to let you know that the Apple Store in London had posted a big sign at the entrance today reading 'MacBook Pro available' , so they seem to have some in stock ...
For those of us that are growing ever more giddy and impatient about not having received our MBP's 3-5 weeks ago, flying to London might not be a bad way to get your MBP earlier than expected . . . lol!

Forum Links
Forum Rules